We've all heard the term before, we've all laughed it off, rolled our eyes and ignored it before. Alas, I am here to tell you, after many years of frustration that simple phrase should be everyone's life motto!
Summer is almost officially over! Kids will be returning to school, your vacation days are almost spent and it's time to finish the year out strong! After all, there are only 129 days till Christmas!
Here are my friendly tips to help you finish out this year as the best person you can be!
1) Live your life! It sounds easy, it's sounds simple but lots of us complicate it. Live your life for you! If your living it for anyone else it's time to reevaluate.
2) "Do you". It wasn't until recently that I understood this expression. While it sounds similar to the above, it's different! You have to do what's best for you! Do you work in a cubicle, Monday-Friday because it "gets you by"... well... pick up the classifieds, go back to school, take a risk. At the beginning of the year I left a "safe job". It did more then "get me by" but ate my soul.. So, I left it! I DID have to make changes in my life but by doing myself I have become a much happier person.
3) Take a day! Everyday there is something you should be doing, laundry, the grocery store, maybe making phone calls, mopping a floor it's endless really. Recently I learned all of those things will still be there tomorrow! Look at your calendar and "take a day" once a month. Sit back, and take your day to do whatever it is you want. This will help your stress level dramatically and give you incentive to get to that day!
4) Do not try to control people and make them act the way you want them to (this includes yourself!) No matter how hard you try, they will always resist it and they won’t act exactly the way you want. You won’t be happy doing this either. Celebrate the differences and contrasts between you and others and respect them for it.
5) Whenever you are overcome by fear about what others may think of you – let that fear pass through you and take the action you want to take. Even if you’re afraid and your head is full of other people’s comments, go ahead and do what you know you want to be doing.
6) Keep your center deep within yourself. Whoever or whatever you make your center you give that person or thing the power to control your life. Your happiness and pain will then vary depending on the stability of your center and you will never be peaceful.
7) Don't be afraid of taking the wrong step! The fear will hinder your whole life. Take the step, make the leap of faith. Sometimes it will work out wonderfully! Others times it won't. We have to make mistakes, it's how we learn!
8)Live every day on a fresh new start. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, or even decades ago. Life is short, so live in the present moment.
9)Be positive. Is the glass half empty or half full? What if I say it’s neither? It’s actually all-full – the bottom half is water, the top half is air. It’s all a matter of perception. Take on perceptions that empower you, not those that bind you. If you can see the positive side of everything, you’ll be able to live a much richer life than others.
10) This is more important than any other loyalty to anyone or anything. If you are not true to your deepest self you cannot be happy, no matter what your circumstances, because other people and situations will control you, and you will be living an unauthentic life.
Enjoy your day! It's a beautiful one!
In case you missed our Girls Night Out at Burwells, here are the vendors we spotlighted! You will find each vendors information connected to their business, if you have any questions feel free to contact me!
Pure Romance with Brittany Mathena
Pure Romance is the nation's leading company for in home ladies night showing bath, beauty, massage, and relationship enhancement products. Consultants are trained by some of the top medical doctors and therapists so that when you leave a party or private consultation you leave feeling empowered and educated! If you would like to discuss your Pure Romance needs please contact Brittany!
LipSense with Kathy Rayl
Are you looking for water proof, kiss proof, smudge proof lipstick? Look no further! Kathy with Lipsense is here to address all of your lip-wares long lasting needs! For more information on Lipsense contact Kathy!
mary kay with stevee rose
Mary Kay offers top of the line skin care and cosmetics for all ages to love! From their Timewise aging line to their Natural Botanical lines you are sure to find the right line to meet all your skin care needs! Stevee is committed to helping you find and design your own skin care routine! Fore more information contact Stevee!
Thrive foods with mandie robinson
Are you looking for groceires to be delivered to your front door? Quick, healthy meals ready in 15 minutes with fresh food! Look no further than Thrive food! For more information on having a fresh dinner on your plate in 15 minutes contact Mandie today!
limelight with angela miner
Limelight is a family-owned company founded in 1952 to provide professional makeup to the stage and film industry! They have no expanded heir reach to help women everywhere look their best everyday with an all natural skin care line and personalized make up palette! For more information on ordering your perfect pallet contact Angela now!
What is Charleston Housewives in the city?
This is probably the most asked question I receive. Followed by, "is this a TV show?!" We are not a TV show but, we do have a catchy name! Housewives in The City is actually a group of fabulous ladies! These ladies are acting almost as masonry to build bridges in their individual cites! This is the ever so fabulous Charleston edition! I am building the bridge to connect the fine businesses of all capacities to the great women in their area! One of the many ways that I build those bridges is through our Girls Night Out events #GNO! During these events we give the fabulous business owners, entrepreneurs, mlm sales teams and so forth the opportunity to come and "set up shop" for our ladies! I want to connect the best of our city to some of the greatest gals around!
Do I have to be a Housewife to attend the events?
No! As a matter of fact up until October last year I was not a wife! Our events are open to everyone! They are not centered around Housewives! You do not have to be a Housewife to attend or to be a vendor at one of our events!
How much are the events to attend? Where are they held?
Our events are free for guest! Come one come all! They are definitely not something you want to miss! We always have a great time not to mention, fabulous vendors, giveaways and wine!
Our event location varies by month! If you follow our Facebook, Housewives in the City Charleston you can follow us, and always be up to date with all of our events!
How do I host A Girls Night Out at my RESTAURANT? or become a vendor?
If your a restaurant, bar, breweries or other similar location and want to host an event email us! Charleston@housewivesinthecity.com If you want to become a vendor, sponsor or other participant email us as well!
Questions? Need more information? Want to become involved? Email me at Charleston@housewivesinthecity.com until your heart is content! I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you!
Hi Everybody! My name is Nicole and I am the face behind Charleston Housewives! I am BEYOND excited to be here and anxious to talk to everyone! I figured this to be the best time to introduce myself!
I'm a 28 year old New Jersey native who until recently had no sense of home. My mother was in the Navy which meant we moved often and right around the time my parents and younger siblings found their "home" I joined the military myself! Which of course sent me all over the world and back.
I moved to South Carolina in 2010 shortly I was (medically) retired from the Army. I chose to stay in South Carolina not really sure of which direction my life was going, and I haven't left since!
I recently got married to the man of my dreams, who also happens to be a transplanted South Carolinian! While I have no biological children of my own I do have two bonus children whom I love with every fiber of my being! I couldn't imagine my life without them!
I have what some may consider a unhealthy obsession with Miniature Dachshunds, my dogs mean the world to me and they go everywhere I do! Most of my dogs have been more places/states than some people have been.
When we are not home corralling dogs we enjoy going to the beach, any kind of action movie, and riding the motorcycle! I also enjoy reading, camping and just about everything that involves my boys.
I am so thrilled to be a part of this awesome group of ladies! I can’t wait to show what big and exciting things Charleston has to offer!
As a mom of three adorable boys, the one thing that I enjoy doing is celebrating them on their birthdays! I LOVE birthday parties and I pride myself in getting it right, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!
I've been to many, MANY birthday parties (in particular....boy themed...) and although they all come with their good amount of bouncing, jumping, sugar-filled bundles of boys running around like it's the only party they have ever been to, THIS ONE......tops them all!!!
Not only did all of my 20 little invitees have the time of their life, but I did not have to lift a finger! From securing the date, to sending a confirmation email with an invitation "link" to be emailed to our guests.....it was perfect!!! Charleston Fun Park is not only fully staffed with friendly and happy faces, but they are all helpful and relaxed. From Put-Put, Go-karts, Virtual Reality, their climbing wall, jump house, gem stone mining and tons of video games, their is not a corner of that place that isn't filled with something fun to do!
I want to give a HUGE, shout out to Melissa Benner, CFP's most amazing Manager, that coordinted this party and made it as Noah (the birthday boy) said "Mommy, this has been the best day of my life!" If you need to plan a birthday party....this is the place my friends.....they have different options for packages and are very accomodating. Head on out to Charleston Fun Park and have a BLAST....tell em' I sent ya!!!
You must be thinking, who is the woman behind these words??
I am Claudia, a native NY'er that left the big city (well technically the suburbs of LI) a long 10 years ago....Since then I have lived and travelled to many countries throughout the world and I am happy to say that Charleston will be our home for many years to come.
When I left NY, I left my family and friends....my career and all I knew, to start my new life with my wonderful husband. I didn't know then, that it would be the best decision I ever made for I have experienced life and seen the world, met some pretty awesome people from all walks of life and have friends in all corners of the world.
I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, friend and sister.....but wait.....there is so much more!!!!
As each year passes by I am getting to know me and the woman that I am meant to be. I love to read and write and I have so many things to say.....I want to explore and learn with you and share my experiences as I journey though this game called life.
I have a story to tell, every blogger does.....I'm new to this and I have a feeling this is the beginning of a wonderful new chapter of my life. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you as you will get to know me and that I fill your days with laughs and possibilities!
I'm a New Jersey native whose found her permanent home in South Carolina! When I am not connected to the internet I am either chasing a dachshund, day dreaming about Disney World or binge watching something on Netflix!
4100 Monument Corner Drive #400B, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 | email@example.com | 571.248.1224
Copyright © 2016, SOCIALLY FUSED LLC
Copyright © 2016, SOCIALLY FUSED LLC