3 Ortega Green Chilies, cut in thin strips
2 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 Large Onion, cut julienne
½ Medium Canned Jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped
3 Cups Chicken Stock
1 (28oz) Can Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
½ Cut Tomato Sauce
1 TSP Ground Cumin
3 Large Garlic Gloves, diced fine
2 TSP Chili Powder
1 TSP minced fresh or ½ TSP, dried Oregano
¼ lb. Chicken, ground meat or diced roast
Small pack of Tortillas
According to my gorgeous sister-in-law, Sunday's are for baking. This past Sunday she shared one of her many recipes. This one caught my eye faster than most recipes usually do because I love muffins. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like to cook - when I have the time AND the energy, but that doesn't happen much (my poor husband). I try not to save recipes for that very reason, but seriously, anyone that's ever been to any of our family functions knows that any recipe Kelsey has is going to rock your taste buds. I'm going to be trying this very soon!!
If you want more amazing recipes to try check out her blog at Blue Cheese Bungalow!
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
For the muffins:
¾ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
Juice of one lemon (3 tablespoons)
For the glaze:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¾ cup Confectioners sugar
For the crumble:
Zest of 1 lemon (1/2 teaspoon)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare muffin pan, grease or line muffin pan with paper liners.
3. Using stand mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
4. Add ricotta, eggs, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and vanilla to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir with a whisk to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. With the mixer on low speed, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients by adding only a quarter of the dry ingredients at a time. You may need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Once all the dry ingredients have been fully incorporated, take the mixing bowl off the stand.
7. In a separate bowl, toss blueberries in cornstarch. This will keep the blueberries from settling in the bottom of the muffin pan.
8. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. It should take 10-15 big strokes to fully incorporate the berries.
9. Scoop approximately 3 tablespoons into each muffin cup. I like to use a large ice-cream scoop for this. Cups should be about ¾ full.
10. To prepare the crumble topping, combine melted butter, lemon zest, flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Topping will be dry and crumbled.
11. Spoon one teaspoon over the batter in each muffin cup.
12. Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
13. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
14. While the muffins are cooling, prepare the lemon glaze by adding confectioners sugar and lemon juice in medium bowl. Glaze will be a thick milky consistency.
15. Once the muffins have cooled to room temperature, place the wire rack over a baking sheet and spoon one teaspoon of the glaze over top of each muffin. The baking sheet will catch the excess that runs off the muffins. Allow the glaze to dry and enjoy!
Can't decide if you're in the mood for cookies or cake? Well here's your solution! This dulce de leche mocha cookie cake is the perfect combination of both. Click here for the full recipe.
I love food, ALL types of food, but I'm especially fond of Mediterranean dishes! Years ago, 2011 to be exact, I found an amazing turkey and veggie burger recipe. It became my go to and only turkey burger recipe. Today I will be sharing it with all of you!!
GREEK TURKEY BURGERS
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
Author: Beth M of Budget Bytes
Total Cost: $11.47
Cost Per Serving: $1.91
Hello! I’m Hilarie!
I am a wife, mother, an assistant, and now a blogger! I am so exciting to relaunch Jacksonville Housewives in the city.
I love the beach, coffee, marketing and meeting new friends. I cannot wait to meet y’all!