We are really looking forward to our next event on December 13th at the Brown Pelican from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. https://www.facebook.com/Brownpelican.net/
Your sure to have a good time with this group of ladies while you eat, drink, mingle and shop with new friends. Never a dull moment with this group of ladies.
Here is a sneak peak at some of our vendors for those last-minute holiday gifts.
You may have heard about Trades of Hope but have not had an opportunity to meet Bethany Kenyon yet. We are so happy that she will be joining us.
"We are empowering women around the world out of poverty + creating an entrepreneurial opportunity for the modern American woman through socially selling ethically crafted accessories + home decor"
You can find Bethany online at:
And in person at our Girl's Night Out!! 🙌💝
A big welcome back to Michele Douglas with 3GenFashion. If you didn't get a chance to meet them last time, be sure you check out their holiday fashions. Prices are reasonable, and the clothes are super cute! The ladies were so excited about their items we received several emails after the show on how to get a hold of them.
They are three generations of women, each with different styles, sizing, age, height, etc. We are real women here to show you what our fashion looks like, no matter what your age.
Follow them on Facebook and Instagram to see all the latest fashions
Check out their website!
Welcome Michelle and 3GenFashions
Do you find that, once Halloween is over, you find yourself thinking about Christmas? I start thinking about Christmas right after Halloween. It doesn’t matter that my family is thinking about Thanksgiving right after Halloween. As I attempt to avoid eating too much leftover Halloween candy, I begin to anticipate decorating the house, putting up the tree, baking cookies, shopping, and wrapping presents. Here’s my list of top ten signs you’re obsessed with Christmas:
5. You started a holiday count down in October. You quickly become the ‘go-to person’ when a friend is curious about how many days remain until Christmas.
6. Buddy the Elf is your spirit animal.
7. Your holiday baking and Christmas shopping lists are completed before Thanksgiving. 8. Before you know it, you have a list of things you want to do so you don’t miss any of the excitement during the holidays, such as; making snow angels, going ice skating, finding light festivals, and writing Christmas cards.
9. When Thanksgiving arrives, you don’t have to worry about those Black Friday sales. You already have your gifts purchased and wrapped for everyone. In some cases, gifts have been purchased the previous January.
10. Once Thanksgiving is over and everyone else is starting to feel the pressure of the Holidays you are sitting back and singing Christmas music out loud and spreading the Christmas Cheer.
Blake Shelton is not just any 42-year-old country music singer, “Sexiest Man Alive 2017”.
Blake is one of several music singers who have gone into the Alcohol business. In March 2017 Blake launched his own Vodka Brand called Smithworks. The vodka is made from corn grown right in Blake’s home state of Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri. It is bottled in Fort Smith, Arkansas. It’s an American made vodka that is distilled three times then filtered through charcoal for a nice smooth taste.
Smithworks vodka is perfect on the rocks or added to a mixed drink. There is a recipe created to Honor Blake Shelton called a “sip my country ale” which is a takeoff of one of his songs “Kiss My Country Ass”. The ingredients for the drink are simple in a mason jar you add lime wedge 2 parts of Smithworks vodka and 5 parts of ginger ale. Its something you can sip while hanging with friends on your front porch just like in the heartland.
Smithworks vodka is currently sold in 5 states, Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Blake was quoted as saying “I grew up in Ada, Oklahoma and was raised on the values of hard work, humility and an appreciation for the simple things that make up a good life. As part of the Smithworks family, I’ve been involved in the development of the brand and I’m excited for everyone to finally taste what we’ve been crafting. At its core, Smithworks celebrates that moments in life are better spent with good people and great drinks.”
For more information on Smithworks vodka you can visit their office site.
The Holidays are approaching, and many people start to feel the stress of it all. Sometimes its hard to get a handle on it all. For some reason this is the time that we are supposed to be enjoying time and laughing with family and friends. Some people have a hard time with managing it all and keeping everything under control. This is a very busy time for most people with all the parties, shopping, cooking, cleaning, and entertaining.
With some preparation you can avoid some of the stresses of the holidays and end up enjoying them instead.
To eliminate some of the stress during the holidays.
6. Plan ahead, make a schedule what things you need to accomplish during this time. Make sure to use a calendar and mark your days for shopping, baking, visiting with family, friends and any activities you want to do. Plan your menus and make a shopping list to not forget anything. This will help with any last-minute confusion.
7. Focus on what’s important. Learn to say no. Sometimes people say yes, and they really mean no. This will just make you feel resentful and overwhelmed. Family and friends will understand if you can’t participate in
8. Stay healthy. Don’t let the holidays become a free for all. Remember eating healthy and getting plenty of sleep shouldn’t go away just because it’s the holidays.
9. Take time for yourself. Make sure you set enough time aside for yourself without distractions. Find things to do that reduce stress in your life instead of adding it. Read a book, get a message, take a walk or have a nice long bath.
10. Seek help if you need it. Sometimes we forget that we need help. If you find yourself feeling persistently sad, anxious, physically drained, irritable, hopeless, unable to sleep and can’t keep up with your routine chores maybe you need help. Go see your doctor or a mental health professional.
Hi 👋 My name is Laurie and I am a Social Media Marketing Manager based in New Bern, NC. I am married to the man of my dreams, a mom and in love with my adorable grandson, Noah. I love checking out new local restaurants, festivals and events while searching for great places to host monthly Girls Night Out. You can usually find me checking out all things live music, the best hospitality in town and working on my campaign to bring Bonefish Grill to New Bern-it's going to happen!!