1. Enjoy a Brewery Beer Tasting: Capitol City Brewing Company, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Sweetwater Tavern, Dogfish Head Alehouse, Lost Rhino Brewery, Gordon Biersch.
2. A macho guy's dream date: Blue Ridge Arsenal followed by a steakhouse with Guinness on tap.
3. Grab charcuterie/cheeses to go from Red Apron Butcher and relax in Strawberry Park while watching the Epic Mosaic concert of the week – you could even cap it off with a unique movie experience in Angelika.
4. Split the mussels and an entree at Cock & Bowl & try a new Belgian beer. Then have a Belgian waffle for dessert.
5. Let him be a pilot for a day and arrange a flight lesson at Freeway Aviation. Pack a picnic to share afterwards. (We did this for Father’s Day – it was awesome!)
6. Monuments by Moonlight Tour.
7. From Old Town Alexandria, take a boat ride across the river to catch a Nationals Game.
8. Walk through Clifton and read the historical markers along Main St. Have dinner at the Clifton General Storefollowed by drinks at Trummer’s on Main.
9. Dinner at J&G Steakhouse at the W Hotel in DC followed by dancing and drinks at the rooftop POV Lounge and Terrace.
10. Join the weekly New Balance run together on Thursday night or hike Great Falls National Park.
11. Taste and tour the first legal distillery in Loudoun County since before Prohibition: Catocin Creek Distillers.
12. Get your swing on at Top Golf.
13. Comedy club and then Czech pilsner and sandwiches at Lost Dog in McLean.
14. Dinner at Iron Bridge Wine Company in Old Town Warrenton. Afterwards, walk over to Molly's Irish Pub for beer and listen to the band play. And then walk down to Claire's at the Depot for coffee and dessert.
15. Visit Old Town Alexandria for a walk along the river followed by cocktails at Chart House.
16. Arlington Drafthouse for dinner, drinks, and a movie.
17. Adult Go Karting – no kids allowed!
18. Take a short trip over to Shepherdstown, WV. Stay the night and have dinner at the Bavarian Inn where the meals are hearty and the wine and beer list robust!
19. Dinner at District Chophouse and Brewery...then a midnight tour at the Crime and Punishment Museum in DC. The best way to experience a museum with your date: handcuffs!
20. Metro down to the Verizon Center to catch a sports game. Afterwards, take a quiet walk to either Fogo de Chaoor Jaleo.
21. Take a trip over to The Organic Butcher in McLean and then prepare a meal at home together.
22. Pack a picnic and walking shoes, and head to the base of Reagan National Airport to Gravelly Point Park. Lay on a blanket by the Potomac River and watch the planes take off/land right above you.
23. Atlas Arcade in DC: Old school arcade games, 80s music and movies playing, and a bar.
24. One word: Chima.
25. Nosh on the Fried Chicken while enjoying the art and poetry at Busboys and Poets.
26. Hop on his motorcycle and take a ride through the countryside to Middleburg, VA. Enjoy drinks outside at the Red Horse Tavern or a fancy meal at Red Fox Inn.
27. Cozy up at the Illy Espresso Bar or at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner. Or, stop by on Thursdays for the fresh sushi bar at Entyse Wine Bar and Lounge.
28. Take a CulinAerie cooking class together.
29. If he’s the outdoor type, surprise him with a daytrip to Bass Pro Shop in Ashland, VA. Have lunch at Islamorada Fishing Company. For dessert, enjoy a treat from the fudge shop.
30. Go fishing at Riverbend Park. You can rent a fishing pole and a row boat right at the park. All you have to do is show up!
This list was compiled with the help of some of my lovely readers. If you have a date night idea for him that's not on this list, please share in the comments below!
Hi! my name is Andrea and I'm a not-so-average Northern Virginia blogger, mom, and transplant from the Midwest. I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the DC area. I love to travel, brunch, and drink wine with my neighbors! I'm known to live on the wild side and order Venti iced double shots at 5pm.
Official Ambassador of MediaKits.com.