1. Aren't grocery delivery services expensive?
2. Who's going to check my fruits and veggies to make sure they're "good"? Will my frozen food still be frozen when it gets to me?
3. I actually like grocery shopping and getting out of the house early on the weekends.
I decided to give it a shot and download the Peapod app on my ipad. Brennan and I laid in bed one night and picked out all of the items we wanted delivered. I even Googled a few recipes that I wanted to make an added the items right to my cart! It was SO easy -- and when I was done, I checked out, picked a delivery time and just waited for the groceries to show up.
We ordered everything that we would need for a week including a case of water, a local farm box full of veggies, lunch meat from the deli, okra for my new gumbo recipe that I found online, and fresh meat and dairy.
Everything was fresh and exactly as I had ordered it. And you know what? I think I actually SAVED money by shopping through the Peapod app. Here's how I justify the small delivery fee:
1. I usually stop at Starbucks before I run into Giant to get groceries. I buy a venti coffee for me and usually a beverage and a pastry for B. I spend $10 before I even start my grocery shopping.
2. I didn't buy things that I didn't actually want or need. And I didn't shop the junk/snacks aisles with an 7 year old who adds just about everything to the cart. No impulse buys!
3. Sale items through the Peapod app! You can find out which meats or produce (or whatever items you're looking for) are on sale - and it's super easy.
bonus tip: figure out what your Giant Loyalty card number is and enter it into the app... it will automatically generate your most common purchases so that you can make your online shopping a breeze! (it takes a user 20 minutes on average to order through the app). also -- you can DOUBLE coupons with the app!
Give it a try -- I already placed my second order. I'm hooked!
*sponsored content provided by Peapod.com