Dry, itchy, flaky skin is a universal problem in the winter - it can happen to the best of us. It seems that no matter how much lotion I apply, I can't get ahead of it.
To get some real insight about how to deal with dry skin, I asked Tiffany Markarian- Master Esthetician and Director of Thibiant Beverly Hills Spa, to give me some easy tips to remember this winter. I wasn't surprised when Tiffany said that as a Skincare Therapist, dry skin is the #1 complaint from fall to spring. "Your skin-emies: indoor heaters, hot showers, winter climate, drying cleansers and lack of proper reinforcement, aka moisturizers. Your solution, in this order..."
1. Test your cleanser- if your skin feels ‘tight’ after you cleanse, it’s too drying. Try a gentle cream or non-detergent cleanser.
2. Put a filter on your shower head- Tap water contains a lot of chemicals *ahem* chlorine *ahem* that are incredibly drying and irritating to your skin. Double that with hot water and you’re destined for itchy, sleepless nights. Oh, and please, DO NOT put your face directly under the shower water. There. I said it.
3. Replenish with oils- This is your dry-skin- ‘Eureka’ moment. Once you do this, you will THANK ME. For the face, try mixing your moisturizer with Almond Oil. For the body, mix Thibiant Extreme Body Cream with a Jojoba, Grapeseed or Oilve Oil .
4. Monthly Facials: Did I mention this is the key to healthy glowing skin? At Thibiant we use advanced tools to hydrate the skin on a much deeper level than possible at home.
5. Humidifier in your bedroom- this is where you spend a third of your day, or at least I hope you do ;) The added moisture in the room will help prevent the loss of moisture from your skin.
6. Aquaphor- this viscid ointment creates a physical wall between your skin and the dry air. All of the hydration and moisture you’re skin naturally creates will be replenished back into itself.
Do you have any other skin care questions that you'd like answered? email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and we may feature your question in an upcoming post!
Recently, I hosted a Blogger Night Out at Fair Oaks Mall after they have completed a few phases of their recent renovations. New restaurants are being added, new stores, and of course - a new Michael and Son's children's play area. We first stopped for a happy hour with food and drinks at Champps and giveaways from AT&T.
Next stop was over to the Michael and Son's play area to meet with the site designer and learn about the new equipment. I was happy to find out that all of the materials used for the new design are anti-microbial. Around the play area are now cubbies under the seats to store children’s' shoes... and around the perimeter there are high tables with power charging stations for laptops and electronic devices! Love that!
After the fun zone, we headed to Lucianos for delicious pizza and beverages before pictures at the Ice Palace with Santa. This year, Santa has a new sidekick - the Ice Princess. A beautiful young girl sat in an oversized white throne that actually feels quite chilly when you touch it. Microsoft was onsite to take pictures with the Ice Princess.
We concluded the night with desserts from Sbarro and swag from Fair Oaks. It was great to see all of my blogging friends and to make new ones too! Check out some pics below compliments of Valerie Bey Photography.
Join “Mrs. Washington” as she hosts an enchanting evening of candlelight tours! Tours include merry music, dancing, and characters from Washingtons’ world guiding visitors through the first and second floors of the home, adding ambiance and authenticity to a traditional Christmas evening at Mount Vernon.
The event takes place on November 29, 30 & December 1 (Friday - Sunday), December 7 & 8 (Saturday - Sunday only), December 14 & 15 (Saturday - Sunday only), December 21 & 22 (Saturday - Sunday only) from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Starting October 28, tickets may be purchased in advance at the Ford Orientation Center or through MountVernon.org/Christmas. Admission is $22 for adults and $15 for children under 12. This event is not included in general admission.
On the Mount Vernon by Candlelight tour, visitors will meet a cast of friends and family of the famous founding couple. In the kitchen, the final stop on the tour, guests will hear about 18th-century holiday cooking, see a reproduction of Martha Washington’s Great Cake, and be given a complimentary copy of the recipe to try at home. Following the Mansion tour, guests are invited to stroll candlelit walks, join in fireside caroling, and visit Aladdin the Christmas camel.
For more information, please visit: www.mountvernon.org/christmas
Hi! my name is Andrea and I'm a not-so-average Northern Virginia blogger, mom, and transplant from the Midwest. I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the DC area. I love to travel, brunch, and drink wine with my neighbors! I'm known to live on the wild side and order Venti iced double shots at 5pm.
Official Ambassador of MediaKits.com.
Copyright © 2016, SOCIALLY FUSED LLC