To get some real insight about how to deal with dry skin, I asked Tiffany Markarian- Master Esthetician and Director of Thibiant Beverly Hills Spa, to give me some easy tips to remember this winter. I wasn't surprised when Tiffany said that as a Skincare Therapist, dry skin is the #1 complaint from fall to spring. "Your skin-emies: indoor heaters, hot showers, winter climate, drying cleansers and lack of proper reinforcement, aka moisturizers. Your solution, in this order..."
1. Test your cleanser- if your skin feels ‘tight’ after you cleanse, it’s too drying. Try a gentle cream or non-detergent cleanser.
2. Put a filter on your shower head- Tap water contains a lot of chemicals *ahem* chlorine *ahem* that are incredibly drying and irritating to your skin. Double that with hot water and you’re destined for itchy, sleepless nights. Oh, and please, DO NOT put your face directly under the shower water. There. I said it.
3. Replenish with oils- This is your dry-skin- ‘Eureka’ moment. Once you do this, you will THANK ME. For the face, try mixing your moisturizer with Almond Oil. For the body, mix Thibiant Extreme Body Cream with a Jojoba, Grapeseed or Oilve Oil .
4. Monthly Facials: Did I mention this is the key to healthy glowing skin? At Thibiant we use advanced tools to hydrate the skin on a much deeper level than possible at home.
5. Humidifier in your bedroom- this is where you spend a third of your day, or at least I hope you do ;) The added moisture in the room will help prevent the loss of moisture from your skin.
6. Aquaphor- this viscid ointment creates a physical wall between your skin and the dry air. All of the hydration and moisture you’re skin naturally creates will be replenished back into itself.
Do you have any other skin care questions that you'd like answered? email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and we may feature your question in an upcoming post!