popchips is putting more pop in your fireworks this 4th of july by partnering with top chef contestant Dakota Weiss to add a twist to your holiday bbq. check out this fun recipe for grilled shrimp salad paired with sea salt popchips!
serves: 4 preparation: 35 minutes
ingredients for the shrimp + marinade:
- 2 lbs. shrimp (16/20) peeled and deveined
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 5 each garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 each lemons, juiced and zested
- add all of the above items (except for the shrimp) into a food processor and puree well. Toss the shrimp in the mixture, let it sit for 10 minutes.
- grill the shrimp and lightly season with salt and black pepper
ingredients for the pickled fresno chiles:
- 1 fresno chile, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 each cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns
- add all of the ingredients (except for the chills) into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- let the mixture sit for 5 minutes
- strain off the seeds and pour over the chills, let them soak until the mixture is chilled
ingredients for the shrimp salad:
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- 1 bag sea salt popchips, crushed
direction for the shrimp salad:
- add the grilled shrimp with the dill, popchips and pickled chills and mix well
- season with salt as needed
Hi! my name is Andrea and I'm a not-so-average Northern Virginia blogger, mom, and transplant from the Midwest. I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the DC area. I love to travel, brunch, and drink wine with my neighbors! I'm known to live on the wild side and order Venti iced double shots at 5pm.
Official Ambassador of MediaKits.com.
Copyright © 2016, SOCIALLY FUSED LLC