popchips is putting more pop in your fireworks this 4th of july by partnering with top chef contestant Dakota Weiss to add a twist to your holiday bbq. check out this fun recipe for grilled shrimp salad paired with sea salt popchips!
serves: 4 preparation: 35 minutes
ingredients for the shrimp + marinade:
- 2 lbs. shrimp (16/20) peeled and deveined
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 5 each garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 each lemons, juiced and zested
- add all of the above items (except for the shrimp) into a food processor and puree well. Toss the shrimp in the mixture, let it sit for 10 minutes.
- grill the shrimp and lightly season with salt and black pepper
ingredients for the pickled fresno chiles:
- 1 fresno chile, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 each cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns
- add all of the ingredients (except for the chills) into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- let the mixture sit for 5 minutes
- strain off the seeds and pour over the chills, let them soak until the mixture is chilled
ingredients for the shrimp salad:
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- 1 bag sea salt popchips, crushed
direction for the shrimp salad:
- add the grilled shrimp with the dill, popchips and pickled chills and mix well
- season with salt as needed
Hi! my name is Andrea and I'm a not-so-average Northern Virginia blogger, mom, and transplant from the Midwest. I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the DC area. I love to travel, brunch, and drink wine with my neighbors! I'm known to live on the wild side and order Venti iced double shots at 5pm.
Official Ambassador of MediaKits.com.