my son loves to be outside, loves to run around, and loves animals. so natually, we took him to the national zoo yesterday. the weather was absolutely perfect! didn't even need jackets.
observations from our trip to the national zoo:
1. real life tourists: one family of 4 was all wearing cut off jean shorts. the family right next to them all had hats, gloves, scarves, and jackets with faux fur around the hood.
2. lost child. this poor little 3-4 year old is SCREAMING bloody murder for his mom and running around in circles. i was the only person to approach him and ask if he was lost. of all the people walking up and down the same path as us, you'd think someone would have approached him a little sooner - or at least looked at him. i don't know how you could even enjoy the panda exhibit with his shrills in the background.
3. beer. they sell beer. at 3+ locations. ideal for summer visits.
4. pay for maps. i really like this 'green' idea (because i care about the environment, i'm an avid recycler, and i drive a v8 suv that gets 14mpg)... it costs $2 for a map to the park. the $2 goes to back to the zoo and the maps don't easily turn into litter. actually, the whole property was extremely clean.
5. reminded me of disney. not in the over-the-top, overwhelming, why-did-i-do-this-to-myself way. it reminded me in the sense that moms just want their kids to be happy - and it is crucial that they capture that happiness on camera. even when their children are absolutely miserable and it's 90 minutes past nap time. here is an example before and after.
Hi! my name is Andrea and I'm a not-so-average Northern Virginia blogger, mom, and transplant from the Midwest. I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the DC area. I love to travel, brunch, and drink wine with my neighbors! I'm known to live on the wild side and order Venti iced double shots at 5pm.
Official Ambassador of MediaKits.com.
Copyright © 2016, SOCIALLY FUSED LLC