This cookie has been a family favorite in my home for as long as I can remember. My mom made these every December because there was always a peanut butter and chocolate lover to please. First it was my brother when I was growing up, now it's my husband's favorite cookie so I carry on the baking tradition!
Who is the peanut butter and chocolate lover in your life?
1/2 c. shortening (such as Crisco)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. (1 cup) chocolate chips, melted
1. Cream together the shortening, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter. Mix at medium-low speed for about a minute.
2. Add egg. Mix until combined.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
4. Turn dough out onto wax paper. Add another layer of wax paper and use a rolling pin to roll dough 1/4 inch thick in the shape of a rectangle.
5. Remove top layer of wax paper and smooth melted chocolate evenly on top of the dough. Allow to cool.
6. Roll dough lengthwise and wrap with the wax paper. Place roll in the refrigerator.
7. Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
8. When the oven is preheated, remove the dough from the refrigerator and slice cookies 1/4" thick.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet before moving to drying rack. Makes approximately 36 cookies.
Hi! I'm Diana. I love the beach, my family, chocolate, coffee, and meeting new people. I host monthly events in the Tampa area and cannot wait to meet all of you!