If you're starting to plan your Spring Break travels, you can't go wrong with Chattanooga.
Rebecca and Brennan spent a few days there last month and had an absolute blast exploring the riverwalk and all of the attractions that are family-friendly! There is something for everyone in the city - kids activities, great night life, and great foodie destinations.
Here are a few places we think you're going to love if you're looking for Spring Break travel with your family:
about the origins of rock and roll and the evolution of the electric solid body guitar from the 1950s through present day. Each exhibit features the guitars that made the music as well as the stories and artists that brought them to life. Songbirds Guitar Museum is historically accurate, educational and fun for both guitar enthusiasts and those new to the world of fretted instruments. Songbirds Guitar Museum is a guitar-oriented, pop culture museum experience for the whole family with extensive permanent and revolving exhibits featuring nearly 500 instruments.
35 Station Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408 | songbirdsguitars.com
to write and say “My name is ...” in 21 languages.
321 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 | cdmfun.org
Chattanooga Zoo - Observe and learn all about the world around us and the wildest creatures that inhabit it. As you explore the Chattanooga Zoo, you will encounter chimpanzees, jaguars, komodo dragons, red pandas, meerkats, and more! Explore what it’s like to be a Zookeeper by observing creatures during the Animal Meet and Greets; chatting with zookeepers to learn about the animals and how they are taken care of; watching the zookeepers train the chimpanzees and why it is important to the chimpanzee’s health; touring different areas of
the zoo; helping the zookeepers distribute animal enrichment; and so much more.
301 North Holtzclaw Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404 | chattzoo.org
4119 Cromwell Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421 | tvrail.com
1 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 | tnaqua.org
219 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 | highpointclimbing.com
Travel to a faraway kingdom where you’ll learn basic archery and how to use a sword as well as meet Beauty & the Beast, Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother, and many more characters. Don't miss this chance to make magical memories! Be a sword fighter and make your dreams come to life during Fairytale Nights, an enchanted adventure awaiting you high atop Lookout Mountain. While in the enchanted forest, meet beloved characters such as Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother, Snow White and Merlin; follow Jack as he ventures off the beanstalk into the giant’s lair; enjoy the radiant gardens with Cinderella; climb the 25-foot castle wall; and learn basic archery and sword-fighting skills like a real knight at the Knights Training Academy. Those completing the academy will be knighted by Queen Guinevere.
1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, GA 30750 | seerockcity.com
1720 South Scenic Highway, Chattanooga, TN 37409 | rubyfalls.com
Special thanks to the Chattanooga CVB for hosting us for a week!
Saint Lucia Offers Special Valentine’s Day Promotions
Below is a roundup of Valentine’s Day special offers from hotels on the island:
Capella Marigot Bay & Resort
- Rates start from $580USD per person per night
- Two nights accommodation based on double occupancy in a Guestroom or One Bedroom Suite of your choice
- Full breakfast each day
- A three-course dinner at The Grill
- Chilled bottle of Prosecco delivered to room upon arrival
- Couples Massage at The Auriga Spa
- Rose Petal Turndown
- Tax and service charges included
- Book now through February 26th, 2018
- Travel valid from February 1st – 28th, 2018
- Subject to availability; cannot be combined with other offers and promotions
- Request Rate Code: VAL18
- For reservations, call 1-758-458-5300 or visit www.marigotbayresort.com
Calabash Cove Resort & Spa
February Is for Lovers
- Save an additional 10% on all Romance Packages
- Private Beachfront Dinner
- Island Breeze Couples Massage
- Special Turndown service featuring chocolates and champagn
- Book now until February 15th, 2018
- Travel from February 1st – 28th, 2018
- Rates start at $2,699USD for five nights with breakfast included daily
- For reservations, call 1-800-917-2683 or email@example.com
Valentine’s Special 2018
- Four-night accommodation in Pool View Room in double occupancy
- Special five-course dinner on Valentine’s night
- Complimentary breakfast daily
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Book by February 13th, 2018
- Travel from February 11th – 17th, 2018
- Package rate is $895USD
- Rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and 10% VAT
- Additional room categories available
- For reservations, call 1-758-456-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Serenity at Coconut Bay
Grand Romance Package
- Receive a $1000USD instant air credit and $1000USD in exclusive Serenity at Coconut Bay luxury vacation experiences when booking a seven-night stay
- In-Suite Couple’s Tranquility Massage in the privacy of a luxurious Plunge Pool Suite -- indoors or out.
- Champagne & Jazz Sunset Catamaran Cruise on Serenity’s exclusive, adults-only private, luxury catamaran.
- Private Chauffeured Island Tour offering unforgettable memories of time together in Saint Lucia including a swim under a waterfall and a picture-perfect view of the world-famous Pitons.
- Private Beach Cabana with butler service.
- Private Beach Picnic at a secluded spot, just two romantics with a beach blanket and a fully-stocked picnic basket.
- Private Candlelit Pool Cabana Dinner with butler service in the comfort of the unique Serenity lounge bed.
- All-inclusive rates start at $329USD per person per night based on double occupancy for stays seven nights in a plunge pool suite with butler service (a 65% savings)
- Book by February 28th, 2018
- Travel now through December 31st, 2018
- Booking Code: 1GRAND
- For reservations, visit www.serenityatcoconutbay.com
- Save up to 35% for stays between January 27th – March 24th, 2018
- Book by February 28th, 2018
- Escape with your partner to Rendezvous StolenTime for Valentine’s Day and receive a romantic champagne beach dinner
- Extended Early Booking Bonus: Save up to 40% for stays between March 25th – December 23rd, 2018. Book by February 28th, 2018
- For reservations, call 1-758-457-7920 or visit www.theromaticholiday.com or call +1758 457 7920. (US toll-free: 1-800-544-2883)
The Harbor Club
Red Heart Month
- Stay two nights and get the third night free
- Sparkling Red Heart Cocktail at check in
- 10% off Food and Beverage
- Promo Code: REDHEART
- Book now until February 28th, 2018
- Travel now until February 28th, 2018
- For reservation, call 1-758-731-2900 or www.theharborclub.com
The Landings Resort & Spa
February Is For Lovers
- 35% discount on all villas, double occupancy
- Daily breakfast included
- Includes water sports, WiFi, beach and pool ambassador service, fitness center, bespoke daily activities
- Book now until February 28th, 2018
- Travel now until February 17th, 2018
- Valid on new reservations
- Three-night minimum stay required
- For reservations, call 1-758-458-7300 or email@example.com
St. James’s Club Morgan Bay
Ready for Romance?
- Book a five-night minimum, all-inclusive vacation and receive up to 50% savings
- Complimentary romantic dinner at Le Jardin
- 25% spa discount for a couple’s massage
- Complimentary room upgrade, based on availability
- Book by February 15th, 2018
- Travel through December 20th, 2018
- All-inclusive rates start at $159USD per person, per night
- Includes accommodations, all meals, snacks, beverages by the glass, activities, non-motorized watersports, taxes and fees
- Special Valentine’s Day Dinner at Le Jardin featuring a gourmet 10-course Lovers Tasting Menu ($75USD per person)
- Some blackout dates may apply
- For reservations, call 866-421-1326 or www.stjamesclubstlucia.com
Stonefield Villa Resort
St. Lucia Romance Package
- Rates start at $550.00USD per night for two persons
- Fabulous one-bedroom Piton/Oceanview villa with private pool
- Daily meals and beverages included
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary Beach Shuttle to Malgretoute and Sandy Beaches
- Complimentary 15-minute Foot massage for two
- Wine and chef delicacies in room upon arrival
- Minimum stay of three nights
- For reservations, call 1.800.420.5731 or www.Stonefieldresort.com
- Taxes not included. Some restrictions apply
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
20% Winter Warmer
- 20% discount on all room categories
- Discount applicable over Valentine’s Day
- Book now until March 31st, 2018
- Travel now until April 15th, 2018
- No minimum length of stay
- Special Valentine’s Day sunset cruise with Island Divers Team complete with sparkling wine, rum punch and finger food ($60.50USD per person inclusive of VAT and service charge)
- Valentine’s Day Five-course seafood dinner at Ti Manje restaurant with live entertainment from saxophonist Gustave ($55USD per person inclusive of VAT and service charge)
- For reservations, call 1-758-456-8102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Romance Package (All Inclusive)
- 3, 5 or 7 nights in a One-Bedroom Island Villa (pool and no pool types), Premium Ocean View Room, Hibiscus Ocean View Room and One Bedroom Suite
- Complimentary airport transfers (land only)
- Complimentary sparkling wine and flowers upon arrival
- Premium All-Inclusive access (unlimited dining and premium drinks)
- Couples massage
- Book now for stays until December 20th, 2018
- Special Valentine’s Day Dinner on February 14th, 2018 (6-10pm) at Dragonfly Restaurant ($75USD per person; $25USD supplement to guests on all inclusive
- Special Valentine’s Day Dinner on February 14th, 2018 (6-10pm) at Upper Deck ($85USD per person; $35USD supplement to guests on all inclusive)
- Special Valentine’s Day spa offers
- For reservations, call 1-877-522-0722 or email@example.com
About Saint Lucia
One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies' Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia (pronounced Saint LOO-sha) is nestled halfway down the Eastern Caribbean archipelago. The "Helen of the West Indies," Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - a tropical rainforest and one of the world's few drive-in volcanoes. Culturally rich offerings include the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, quaint fishing villages along the coastline, and the annual Soleil Saint Lucia Summer Festival. Saint Lucia's wide range of accommodations includes world-class five-star resorts, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns and value-oriented properties. Saint Lucia is also home to world class cruise and yachting facilities. The island is continually recognized as one of the leading Wedding and Honeymoon destinations worldwide.
Triphop is an online hotel booking platform that rewards travelers with unrestricted cashback via their UNLoyalty Travel Rewards program. As a points-free hotel booking site, Triphop makes freedom of choice their number one priority.
Here are Triphop’s pick for Top 10 Travel Destinations of 2018:
This is the year when luxury travel and “cultural awareness” happen to collide in a big way. St Croix, slowly emerging from the devastating hurricanes of 2017, is still the same island the world loves to love – and for good reason. Descriptive adjectives abound in better times, but let’s just say: playful Caribbean breezes, lush tropical rainforests, cubbyhole snorkeling coves, ancient forts, shipwreck diving and even a flashy modern casino. The Buccaneer, an iconic pink colonial plantation inn, is welcoming the world to stay-and-play as they’ve done for generations. This is how mindful travelers can pitch in, just by spending 2018 vacation dollars where they really count.
Encounter Wild Horses, Gullah Culture and Financial Ghosts in America’s Eastern Sea Islands
The Sea Islands of America’s Eastern seaboard harbor tales of pirates, shipwrecks, Civil War battles, and financial titans charting the course of history in lavish summer cottages. It’s also the heart of Gullah and Geechee culture, dating back to antebellum sugarcane and cotton plantations on the islands. Visit the genteel Jekyll Island Club for a romp through the former summer homes of America’s elite families bearing names like Pulitzer, Rockefeller and Vanderbilt. Within a couple of hundred miles of coastline, you can discover Gullah folk art and devour a Low Country seafood boil on St Helena Island; Stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in Jekyll Island and take in the view of tabby-shell architecture in the tiny Sapello Island community of Hog Hammock and see feral horses running wild with the wind on Cumberland Island National Seashore.
Harvest Olives, Saffron and Truffles in Umbria, Italy
Just a one-hour train ride from Rome drops you into the heart of Umbria, a land of endless olive groves stretching lazily in the shadow of the Mount Petrarvella, along with golden fields of delicate saffron and deep damp forests harboring elite black truffles. Help bring in the harvest and delve into the Italian “slow food” movement at places like Il Fontanaro, a family-owned organic olive farm with centuries-old villas and a slow-food culinary school. You’ll roll out thin ribbons of handmade pasta, and then pat rising mounds of dough into flatbread foundations cradling freshly-picked tomatoes, basil, local sausages, fresh mozzarella and the Pinelli family’s own olive oils – all under starry Umbrian skies. The medieval gated village of Paciano is only a short stroll away, where old men really do sit on benches amidst cobblestone streets and tiny ancient cottages. BONUS TIP: Make the most of your visit by staying at Residenza Paolo VI in Rome for 6 nights and get $53 cash back to spend any way you like.
Shake off the idea that “forest bathing” has anything to do with nudie soaks in the Japanese evergreen forests. Known as Shinrin-Yoku and sanctioned by the Japanese government with 200 dedicated trails, the practice is really all about breathing in the natural essential oils, known as phytoncides, that exist naturally in many trees and plants. This triggers a plethora of health benefits such as reducing the production of stress hormones, lowering blood pressure and boosting the immune system. In keeping with Japan’s devotion to the environment, and a deeply held belief based on politeness and respect, forest bathing is an eco-travel trend that lines up with Henry David Thoreau’s admonition in “Walden” to “smell the whispering sedge” and embrace the “tonic of wildness.”
Breathe the Heady Aromas of Zanzibar’s Spice Plantations
Blanketing this East African island with ancient intoxicating aromas, the spice plantations of Zanzibar are like something out of colonial-era movies. Wafting through the humid evening air, the distinct presence of nutmeg, ginger, pepper, cloves, coriander, tamarind, vanilla and ylang ylang is overpowering. Unpack your bags at African House Hotel in Stone Town amidst the well-known red-tiled rooftops and you’ll find local guides who are more than willing to transport you into the world of exotic spices and fruits growing unfettered on fertile plantations and small farms in Kizimbani and Kindichi. They’ll arrange for traditional Swahili meals and baskets brimming with custard fruits, papayas, mangos and jackfruit. Back in Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre, you can roam through “duka squares” and colorful small markets offering Zanzibar handicrafts, textiles, ukili palm-woven jewelry and – of course – spices. If you’re lucky, you’ll wrangle an invitation to a Dada cooking class in Matemwe Village.
Glide With Sea Creatures in Galapagos Islands
Ever since Charles Darwin accidentally landed in the Galapagos Islands aboard the H.M.S. Beagle in 1835, this aquatic archipelago off the shores of Ecuador has held a mystique that even today’s intrepid voyagers have yet to quell. As the ship’s resident naturalist, enthralled with raw undisturbed nature, Darwin based his now-famous “Origin of Species” on his return explorations of the San Cristobal, Floreana, Isabela and Santiago Islands. Little has changed in the Galapagos of today, where you can swim freely with Galapagos Sea Lions in their unfettered, natural habitats. Due to a lack of natural predators and minimal tourism, these playful sea creatures bobble on beaches like floppy cartoon characters and nurture their young by the thousands in La Loberia Nature Reserve on San Cristobal Island.
Find Castles and Yeats in County Clare, Ireland
Spoken by W.B. Yeats, one of Ireland’s favorite pen-pushers, “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” You can count on that happening almost instantly when you set foot in the County Clare, about a 130-mile train ride from Dublin. It’s like suddenly being plunged into the past with ancient castles and rolling emerald-green meadows that are seemingly untouched by modern civilization. Make your way to Bun Ráite castle, commonly known by its English adaptation of “Bunratty,” and tromp through medieval bed chambers, ballrooms, chapels and banquet rooms towering over the Raite River. Continue your travel through time by laying your head at Temple Gate Hotel which sits at what used to be a convent in the 19th century. Then make your way through the surrounding folk park, a living-history village dating back to the 1800s, and then stay into the evening for a rowdy, decadent medieval banquet with dancing and live music.
Plunge Into Mimosa Heaven in Herceg Novi, Montenegro
Having nothing to do with champagne and citrus, and everything to do with the flagrant beauty of native mimosa flowers, Herceg Novi flaunts its floral pedigree with festivals, foodie events, carnivals and entire weeks centered on these colorful blossoms. Get decked out in February and March for a Mardi-Gras style mimosa carnival with street dances and masquerade balls, culminating in the crowning of a mimosa king and queen. While in town, visit the wild and wonderful Luštica Peninsula, and explore the Bay of Kotor. Rent a kayak and paddle over the quaint fishing village of Rose with its white-stone cottages, magenta bougainvillea and trailing grape vines.
When the words “celebrate” and “New Orleans” appear in the same phrase, it’s a good bet that visions of raucous-Bacchus Mardi Gras carnivals pop into your brain. But resist the urge to pigeonhole NOLA, especially when it comes to their 300-year birthday celebrations in 2018. As one of the world’s most diverse communities, New Orleans was a city even before America was a country and you can bet there will be no stone unturned in recognizing the intricate multicultural influences. The New Orleans Tricentennial celebration continues through most of 2018 with events ranging from authentic NOLA jazz to Argentine tango, Chinese opera and a “Portraits of Influence” exhibition by José Salazar, Louisiana’s earliest known artist. Look for everything from antique “tall ships” to U.S. Navy ships, a Burlesque Opera by the makers of Tabasco, and dozens of events recognizing women’s contributions to New Orleans jazz, Cajun cuisine, the Louisiana National Guard. A high-tech Luna Fête light festival highlights New Orleans architecture and iconic landmarks. A stay in the iconic Hotel Monteleone will place you in the center of all the festivities and bring this celebration full circle.
Find Your Soul in the Matrimandir Outside Pondicherry, India
Silence is deafening inside the white-marble, gold-domed Matrimandir, sprawling across the countryside near Pondicherry, a French-colonial village on the Bay of Bengal. Although India is one of the noisiest places on earth, it harbors a pocket of absolute silence. After relinquishing your worldly goods (yes, all of them, including your cell phone, wallet and shoes), you are granted entrance to the other-worldly Matrimandir, a semi-ashram/temple that followers call a place of “individual silent concentration.” They actually mean that, as not one sound is uttered while curving quietly along solid-white marble stairs into a solid-white marble inner chamber crowned with a genuine gold-disc dome. An optically perfect glass globe allows a single shaft of sunlight through a heliostat mounted on the roof. This focal point aids concentration as you sit cross-legged in a circle inside the dome, experiencing the eerie “sound of silence,” perhaps for the first time in your life.
Luxury Italian Villa Brand Expands to Bring Enthusiastic Travelers New Properties Across Europe
An established and recognised luxury villa business is rebranding to celebrate the expansion of its beautiful holiday rental portfolio. Aria of Puglia, which has built up an incredible reputation among discerning travellers, has changed its name to Aria Journeys, reflecting the brand’s expansion beyond the stunning Italian region. Holidaymakers will now be able to use the customer-focussed business to visit charming tourist hotspots across Europe.
Specialising in indulgent villas and chalet rentals, Aria Journeys is the go to platform for tourists that want a trip that exudes luxury. With a hand picked portfolio spanning over 200 lavish properties, from the breathtaking Alps to the relaxing Canary Islands, Aria Journeys has something that appeals to every travel style. The business’ growth has been driven by customer demand after experiencing the exceptional level of service that it delivers to each of its guests. Aria Journeys will now be rolling out the service it’s become renowned for to new villas and designations. Through working carefully selected indigenous partners, Aria Journeys provides an experience that is second to none, bringing each visitor first hand information on where they should be visiting, heading to for food, and revealing the location of hidden gems.
Chiara Tenuzzo, Director of Aria Journeys, said, “We’re thrilled to be reaching new dentations and taking our unique brand of customer service to even more travellers. To ensure that Aria Journeys lives up to expectations we’ve scoured Europe for the most luxurious and inviting holiday rentals, hand picking those that really stand out to add to our collection. As a result we’ve been able to incorporate some wonderful new destinations into the brand, including charming Tuscany and the vibrant Balearic Islands.”
Tenuzzo added, “The team behind Aria Journeys are continuously on the lookout for those beautiful properties that will really give a holiday the wow factor. Our range of properties is set to continue growing, bringing even more choice to travelers wanting to experience an authentic, deluxe, and memorable trip in Europe.”
Aria of Puglia was launched in 2013, combining Tenuzzo’s passions for delivering exceptional customer service and travel with a love of her home
region of Puglia in Italy. Through hand picking properties, the brand quickly grew a devoted and loyal following of holidaymakers. Keen to experience the luxury of the brand’s properties with its in-depth local knowledge in other areas of Italy and beyond, the business’ customers asked for more holiday locations featuring exquisite rental properties and the business has responded with Aria Journeys.
To find out more visit ariajourneys.com/.
Aria Journeys is a UK based luxury villa and chalet rental company. With many years of experience working in the industry, as well as a deep seated passion for its destinations, the brand is well placed to offer those looking to explore regions, cities, and towns in luxury.
Check out where we've been!