We've all heard the term before, we've all laughed it off, rolled our eyes and ignored it before. Alas, I am here to tell you, after many years of frustration that simple phrase should be everyone's life motto!
Summer is almost officially over! Kids will be returning to school, your vacation days are almost spent and it's time to finish the year out strong! After all, there are only 129 days till Christmas!
Here are my friendly tips to help you finish out this year as the best person you can be!
1) Live your life! It sounds easy, it's sounds simple but lots of us complicate it. Live your life for you! If your living it for anyone else it's time to reevaluate.
2) "Do you". It wasn't until recently that I understood this expression. While it sounds similar to the above, it's different! You have to do what's best for you! Do you work in a cubicle, Monday-Friday because it "gets you by"... well... pick up the classifieds, go back to school, take a risk. At the beginning of the year I left a "safe job". It did more then "get me by" but ate my soul.. So, I left it! I DID have to make changes in my life but by doing myself I have become a much happier person.
3) Take a day! Everyday there is something you should be doing, laundry, the grocery store, maybe making phone calls, mopping a floor it's endless really. Recently I learned all of those things will still be there tomorrow! Look at your calendar and "take a day" once a month. Sit back, and take your day to do whatever it is you want. This will help your stress level dramatically and give you incentive to get to that day!
4) Do not try to control people and make them act the way you want them to (this includes yourself!) No matter how hard you try, they will always resist it and they won’t act exactly the way you want. You won’t be happy doing this either. Celebrate the differences and contrasts between you and others and respect them for it.
5) Whenever you are overcome by fear about what others may think of you – let that fear pass through you and take the action you want to take. Even if you’re afraid and your head is full of other people’s comments, go ahead and do what you know you want to be doing.
6) Keep your center deep within yourself. Whoever or whatever you make your center you give that person or thing the power to control your life. Your happiness and pain will then vary depending on the stability of your center and you will never be peaceful.
7) Don't be afraid of taking the wrong step! The fear will hinder your whole life. Take the step, make the leap of faith. Sometimes it will work out wonderfully! Others times it won't. We have to make mistakes, it's how we learn!
8)Live every day on a fresh new start. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, or even decades ago. Life is short, so live in the present moment.
9)Be positive. Is the glass half empty or half full? What if I say it’s neither? It’s actually all-full – the bottom half is water, the top half is air. It’s all a matter of perception. Take on perceptions that empower you, not those that bind you. If you can see the positive side of everything, you’ll be able to live a much richer life than others.
10) This is more important than any other loyalty to anyone or anything. If you are not true to your deepest self you cannot be happy, no matter what your circumstances, because other people and situations will control you, and you will be living an unauthentic life.
Enjoy your day! It's a beautiful one!
Hi! My name is Mandie and I'm a transplant from WV. I moved to SC in 2015 on a whim after we came down here on vacation and didn't want to leave! I'm a mom to 2 and a furbaby. I teach essential oils classes, I host Girls Night Out events, meet ups, and write about events and my adventures in the Charleston area. I'm a foodie at heart and think that charcuterie should be it's own food group!