We were wondering, since you are a Leading Lady in our community . . .
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
And about your business and how you became the successful business woman you are today.
- " I am an Iowa native and a graduate from Mount Mercy University, where I majored in Marketing and Business Management. My first business venture, Carue Marketing, was established in 2011 and I focused on affordable marketing solutions for small and medium sized business. I soon expanded to printing, websites, promotional materials, social media and graphic design. "
So when did you found 'Weddings By Carue'?
- " In 2013. I had developed Weddings by Carue was designed to assist brides with the design and printing of invitations at affordable prices and high quality wedding photography.
Weddings by Carue quickly expanded, adding photo booths, and videography and DJ services to the list of services, becoming a one stop shop for couples. By 2018 the company reached a new level, expanding the brand to a second location in Colorado. Building a team and bringing photography, videography, photo booth, DJ services and Invitations to Colorado couples. "
How did you manage to achieve all of this in such a short time?
- " I definitely put in a lot of hours and long nights but it was something that I loved doing, bringing this brand and company to life. I built everything from the ground up and I love working with the couples, which is why I work with them from the first initial contact, with Weddings By Carue, all the way through their wedding days. "
If you HAD to pick . . .
What do you attribute your success to and what do you feel was your biggest motivator?
- " My husband, Justin, was definitely a motivator. He gave me the encouragement I needed to jump start 'Carue' and has been my biggest raving fan.
I attribute the success of my company, though, to my fundamental desire to help people love what they do. My team is comprised of photographers, videographers, DJ's and graphic designers that are passionate about their art and the people who enjoy it. "
What do you consider your greatest professional achievement?
- " Building Weddings By Carue from ground up and expanding to new markets. "
What are your professional goals for the next six months?
- " We are continually looking for ways to enhance our couples experience and have a few things we are implementing and excited to be rolling out over the next 6 months. Can't share details yet, but so excited to continue to grow and build Weddings By Carue. "
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- " Perhaps not a complete career flip, but I would love to create a wedding venue some day. "
How do you maintain a work/life balance?
- " This has been something I have really worked to create because Weddings By Carue is my passion and I truly enjoy all I do to build and grow 'Carue', so I do not look at it as work. "
What is your goal for retirement?
- " It is not easy, but worth the hard-work in the long run. You can build anything that you work hard for. Put together a plan and execute it! When you feel like giving up, push through and you will be stronger for it. "
( Take notes ladies ! )
Any final comments?
- " Whatever you do in life, make sure you truly LOVE IT ! "
Read More About Weddings By Carue
2019 Bridal Playbook | Colorado Springs
Greetings and salutations from Colorado Springs! My name is Elise, I'm the Colorado Springs HouseWife in the City! I love my boyfriend and my 2 fur babies! I'm a restaurant manager by day and blogger by night! I'm an artist and a seamstress in my spare time and I just love to bake and sing in the shower! I've become more health conscious in recent years and have decided to start living more! As a person we are in charge of ourselves, it is our job to make ourselves a better person everyday. This is my journey to making peace with my aging body and to start treating it and my mind better. As a person and as a woman!
Please join me in all my adventures by following me on facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and, of course, on this blog for the beautiful city of Colorado Springs! Stay tuned for announcements on local get togethers and networking opportunities! Get a babysitter and lets have a GIRL'S NIGHT OUT!