1. What are your businesses? Full time or part time? Stella & Dot started in 2003 and is a woman-owned and ran direct sales company that sells boutique-style jewelry, watches, handbags, sunglasses, gifts, clothes, and accessories through Independent Stylists. KEEP Collective came a little later in their business model to offer a personalized line of jewelry focused on keeping what matters close at hand and close to your heart sold through Independent Designers. I am currently working this business part-time in addition to my full-time corporate role.
2. When did you start them?
I started with KEEP Collective in late 2017 and recently added Stella & Dot to my product offering in January.
3. What has been your biggest challenge as a business owner?
Creating a structure to make sure everything is attended to as needed, including yourself. I’m being careful not to use the “b” word because I almost never spend an equal amount of time on all things. Fortunately, my family has been extremely supportive and encouraging and my Stella and Dot Team has been welcoming and helpful.
4. Do you have employees? If so, who are they?
I currently don’t have anyone my team but am looking to change that. I would like to continue to build the community of women who would see this opportunity serving them as they wish.
5. What have been your greatest successes in business?
I would say that making the decision to take action has been my greatest success thus far but knowing that this opportunity will allow me to help others is what I am most looking forward to.
6. What have you learned as a business owner?
Continue to share even if you don’t get an immediate response – especially on social media. Sometimes I don’t know until I while later that something I shared or said was helpful to someone.
7. What are your goals?
I would probably put my goals in three main categories:
Philanthropic - I want to leverage this business to support charities and fundraising efforts.
Relationships and Community – I want to add more Stylists and Designers to my team to help them fund whatever mission is important to her and build relationships along the way.
Fun – We work hard and I want to continue to provide an option for women to get together for an hour or two with their friends to sip, shop and have a few laughs. It’s good for the soul and helps fill us up to run the next ten hurdles.
8. Tell us about you: family, pets, interests, etc.
I live in Middletown with my husband and two children. Our days are filled with activities such as work, school and extra-curricular activities but we enjoy cruise vacations together as well. When I’m not doing any of these activities I am doing some sort of home organizing/décor/design project.
Hi. My name is Kelley Cole and I am the new Social Media and Event Coordinator for Delaware Housewives in the City. I am a mom to two amazing kids. My daughter (P) is 12 and my son (T) is 8. My husband works for a local education association and also serves on Dover's City Council. I was a high school English teacher for 16 years before leaving the classroom to work part-time as a trainer for an educational software company. I make sure I reserve time to play tennis, read chick lit, travel, and enjoy the small things in life (like wine and chocolate).