Adams Family Vacation 2019 has finally come to an end. What a trip it was! We spent the week diving for Lobsters, off shore fishing, swimming in the ocean, lounging by the pool, and exploring the keys. When you put 16 people together you never know what is going to happen :) If you haven't ever been to the keys its a must see at least once. The water is just beautiful!! The kids loved jumping off the boat into the ocean. My oldest daughter and nieces were loving helping hunt for lobsters. We did spend a day in Key West to see the furthest point and boy was it hot waiting In the line for the photo. Key lime pie yall lord is it good . The seafood you taste how fresh it was. Until next year !!
If you're going to take advantage of Florida's tax-free weekend this weekend, be prepared.
You have from 12:01 a.m. Aug. 2, 2019, to 11:59 p.m. Aug. 6, 2019, to save at least 6 percent in state and local taxes on purchases of computers and accessories up to $1,000, when purchased for noncommercial or personal use; clothes, footwear and certain accessories selling for $60 or less; and most school supplies up to $15.
The following is a complete list of items eligible for tax-free weekend, according to the Florida Department of Revenue. Psst, bookmark this and scroll through the list as you browse or shop for school supplies during tax-free weekend.
Clothing and accessories
• accessories like hairclips and bobby pins, belt buckles, bowties, hairnets, headbands, hairbands and sweatbands, handbags, neckwear, scarves and neckties, ponytail holders
• handbags, purses, wallets
• aprons and clothing shields
• athletic supporters
• baby clothes
• baseball cleats
• bathing suits, caps and coverups
• bicycle helmets for youth
• boots (footwear, not ski or fishing boots)
• bowling shoes (purchased, not rental)
• braces and supports worn to correct or alleviate a physical incapacity or injury such as religious, prescription, prosthetic or orthopedic items
• choir and altar clothing
• cleated and spiked shoes
• clerical vestments and religious clothing
• coats and jackets
• coin purses
• diaper bags
• diapers and diaper inserts for babies and adults (cloth and disposable)
• fanny packs
• fishing vests (non-flotation)
• fitness clothing
• formal clothing (purchased, not rental)
• gloves (dress gloves, garden gloves, leather gloves, work gloves)
• graduation caps and gowns
• gym suits and uniforms
• hats and caps
• hosiery and pantyhose
• hunting vests
• jeans, slacks and pants
• lab coats
• leggings, tights and leg warmers
• martial arts attire
• overshoes and rubber shoes
• raincoats, rain hats and ponchos
• receiving blankets
• safety clothing
• safety shoes
• scout uniforms for boys and girls
• shawls and wraps
• shoe inserts and insoles
• shoes (athletic footwear)
• shoulder pads for dresses or jackets
• ski suits for the snow
• sleepwear like nightgowns and pajamas
• swimsuits, board shorts and swim trunks
• tuxedos (purchased, not rental)
• uniforms for work, school and athletic (excluding pads)
• cellophane (transparent) tape
• colored pencils
• composition notebooks and notebooks
• computer disks (blank CDs only)
• construction paper
• glue stick and liquid glue
• legal pads
• notebook filler paper
• pencils, mechanic pencils and pencil refills
• pens, felt pens, ballpoint fountain pens and refills
• poster board
• poster paper
• staplers and staples
Computers and computer-related accessories
• cables for computers
• car adaptors for laptop computers
• central processing units (CPU)
• compact disk drives
• computer for noncommercial home or personal use like a desktop computer, laptop or smart tablet
• computer batteries
• computer towers consisting of a CPU, random-access memory and storage drive
• data storage devices (excludes those devices designed for use in digital cameras or other taxable items)
• blank CDs
• flash drives, jump drives, thumb drives, zip drives, storage drives
• memory cards
• portable hard drives
• docking stations for computers
• electronic book readers
• headphones including earbuds
• ink cartridges for computer printers
• keyboards for computers
• mice or mouse devices
• microphones for computers
• monitors except devices that include a television tuner
• personal digital assistant devices (except cellular telephones)
• port replicators
• printer cartridges
• printers (including "all in one" models)
• RAM or random access memory
• software that's nonrecreational like antivirus, database, educational, financial, word processing
• speakers for computers
• storage drives (for computers)
• web cameras
These clothing and accessories DO NOT qualifyHere's a list of taxable clothing and accessories.
• key cases
• watches and watchbands
• athletic gloves and athletic pads
• checkbook covers (separate from wallets)
• chest protectors
• cloth, lace, knitting yarns and other fabrics
• clothing repair items like thread, buttons, tapes, iron-on patches or zippers
• corsages and boutonnieres
• cosmetic bags
• crib blankets
• duffel bags
• elbow pads
• diving suits (wetsuits and dry)
• fishing boots (waders)
• garment bags for suits, dresses, formal wear
• gloves for baseball, batting, bicycle, golf, hockey, tennis
• rubber gloves and surgical gloves
• goggles (except prescription)
• hard hats
• helmets for baseball, football, hockey, motorcycle and sports
• ice skates
• in-line skates, roller blades or roller skates
• knee pads
• life jackets and vests
• luggage or suitcases
• makeup bags
• pads for football, hockey, soccer, elbow, knee or shoulder
• paint or dust masks
• protective masks (athletic)
• rented clothing or footwear like uniforms, formal wear, costumes and bowling shoes
• repair of wearing apparel
• shoulder pads for football, hockey and sports
• ski boots for snow
• ski vests for the water
• skin diving suits
• sunglasses unless you have a prescription
• swimming masks
• weight-lifting belts
These school supplies DO NOT qualifyHere's a list of taxable school supply items.
• books not otherwise exempt
• computer paper
• correction tape, correction fluid or correction pens
• masking tape
• printer paper
These computer and computer-related accessories DO NOT qualifyHere's a list of taxable computers and computer-related accessories.
• batteries except batteries used in prosthetic or orthopedic appliances
• cases for electronic devices
• music, voice and pre-recorded CDs and DVDs
• cell phones and smart phones
• computer bags
• computers designed and intended for recreation like games and toys
• copy machines and copier ink and toner
• digital cameras
• digital media receivers
• fax machines (standalone)
• game controllers like joysticks and nunchucks
• game systems and consoles
• games and gaming software
• MP3 players or accessories
• rented computers or computer-related accessories
• surge protectors
• tablet cases or covers
• televisions (including digital media receivers)
• video game consoles
We have been looking for different I dinner option but still keeping it healthy. Who doesnt love grilled chicken in a balsamic glazed, grilled shrimp seasoned simple salt, pepper and garlic. My all time favorite part of this dish was the butternut squash and sweet potato seasoned with cinnamon salt, pepper, and brown sugar, topped with feta and tomatoes. The best part of this meal all three of my girls who dislike all healthy options lately loved this meal. If y'all are looking for something different this is the meal for you!
This week was all about the Bride and Groom. My little sister is getting married September 7 of this year. So we figured why not throw a party and try to help them stock the bar. The party was kept every simple set up. We served BBQ pork and chicken basic BBQ sides; potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans and Mac n cheese. It turned out to be an amazing evening. My sister and soon to be brother in law will now have plenty of items for her bar. Cant say I'm not ready for this wedding to be over and have my life back little bit :)
We had our July Girls Night out here in Jacksonville on the 11th at Southern Kitchen and Bar at Jacksonville Beach. Here's a highlight of the awesome businesses that worked with us. Make sure to check their website links below.
The Stretch Lab is revolutionizing one-on-one assisted stretching and flexibility training classes. In your 25 or 50 minute one-on-one session, you will work with one of our trained flexologists who will guide you through a series of stretches custom designed for your specific needs.In our innovative group sessions – no matter what your range of motion or fitness level is, we have a solution for you. Our group stretches are Flexologist led and will help to increase your flexibility and improve your range of motion. Everyone who attended was given the option to be stretched or book an appointment for a free stretch!
Lora Richeson also joined us with Paparazzi Accessories Jewelry. Every piece of her amazing jewelry is $5.
Our Beautiful amazing photographer was Nikki Wadsworth owner of Seanikk Views joined us for the evening. Nikki, the girl behind the camera and hopefully your plus one through all of your life changing moments! My brand is a reflection of who I am. A lover of the outdoors, chasing great adventure with my family and camera. I want to find the beauty of the world we live in and capture those special moments with you. Seanikk Views is not a job it is my passion that I hold a lot of pride in and I can't wait to watch it flourish into something beautiful.
We also partnered with Shara Mondy is the founder amazing nonprofit Suited 4 Success . The mission of Suited 4 Success is to empower men and women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, and professional attire.
Special thanks to Lauren at Southern Kitchen for having us out. Also a hung thanks to Tousel and Tease Beauty Parlor and Chicken Salad Chick for our amazing swag. Mark your calendars we will be back August 19th at Atlantic Beach Brewing Company. If you are interested in providing swag or being a featured business please reach out to Hilarie
Let freedom ring, y’all. It’s that time of the year where we celebrate our country.The holiday is one of our absolute favorites because there are just so many ways to enjoy the beautiful summer weather. This 4th is the first my husband and I were kiddo free. We decided to spend the day with ours friends Coral and Chip. How can you be upset sitting on the beach and then enjoying amazing seafood dinner!
This week has been busy getting ready for my Payton Erins 8th Birthday. This year we kept it more simple. Unicorn Pool Party for my sassy girl. We kept it every simple this year since the girls are getting a trip to the keys in August to celebrate all of their birthdays. Mom life at its finest !
The Best Broccoli Soup ever!
Everything you will need
1 tablespoon butter
½ onion, chopped
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1 Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2 Whisk 1/4 cup melted butter and flour together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until flour loses it's granular texture, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if necessary to keep the flour from burning, 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 3 Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. Stir chicken stock into milk mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until flour taste is gone and mixture is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, sauteed onion, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Step 4 Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you to everyone who came out to Jaxhousewives relaunch party on June 10th. We had an amazing night at Moxie! We welcomed over 50 local women to socialize, mingle, and amazing featured business owners like Jessica Johnson with Color Street, Coral Cribb and Chelsea Wimsatt with Thrive by level and Debbie Givens with Mary Kary. We cannot wait to do it again next month at our July 11th Ladies Night Out.Check our these images captured by Malinda Medlock of MKM Photo and Design
Erica over at Moxie was amazing in helping us make sure the event ran smoothly . We love to keep it local here at Jax Housewives. I love also love to spotlight our amazing featured businesses as well as a special thanks to those who provided swag for our bags.
Jessica Johnson Color Street—inspired by New York’s “City That Never Sleeps” nonstop energy and wildly colorful fusion of cultures—offers a vast array of colors and nail art designs, direct to Independent Stylists and ultimately to clients. Y'all make sure to show Jessica some love.
Debbie Givens What a fun adventure! Refresh and revitalize your skin for a younger, healthy look! My skin never felt so soft and smooth! Go bold or subtle on your lips, vibrant or smokey to enhance your beautiful eyes. Have fun trying new looks with the Mirror App! Shop day or night. You can order online, by email or phone. Let's get together for a facial party or one-on-one consultation. MARY KAY has changed my life!! It can change yours too!
Thrive by Level
Coral Cribbs and Chelsea Wimsatt Le-Vel was created and envisioned with a greater purpose, a premium plan. This plan is not to create a product, or a product line, but to build a global brand, a new icon. A brand that encompasses ultra premium products: premium product lines. The new brand, for the better lifestyle, premium-seeking consumers.
The largest and most successful companies in the world are extremely good at one thing. They build brands, not products. They are so good at this one focus, they can literally put their logo on anything and it is passionately accepted worldwide. As the Le-Vel vision is birthed with THRIVE, it will continue on with all of our brands and future premium products. Le-Vel will be a global giant; our logo will be on many different products, wherever you go, our logo will go with you. The quality, passion and efficacy with one product line, will flawlessly continue on to all product lines, because the true focus, our passion will always remain at its inception, The Brand: Le-Vel.
To build the Premium Lifestyle Company, we knew we had to look further than just a product, we had to envision a larger purpose, a deeper reason for what we were doing. We had to create the one and only Premium Lifestyle Brand.
Special thanks to Lora Richeson, Frenchy Wellness Spa, Tousel and Tease Beauty Parlor, Jessie Linstrom , Bellas Chic Boutique and Therapy Threads Boutique for providing swag for our ladies.
If you are interested interested in being one of our featured business please reach out to Hilarie!!
We spent the night in the ER this week with Payton to remove a popcorn kernel from her ear. She let little sister Emma Grace put a kernel in her ear. Of course mom wasn't told for a few days until started really causing pain. My crazy girl didn't like the doctor very much that night. He was able to get behind the kernel to move pull it out and she got alittle upset pushing the tool into her ear kernel so what we thought was going to be a quick trip turned into a long evening and being sedated to remove the tool. She was fighter even being sedated this momma and her girl had a very long sad night. We are lucky going very well and will not be putting anything in our ears ! Thank you to our amazing doctors and nurses for being so patient with us!!
Hello! I’m Hilarie!
I am a wife, mother, an assistant, and now a blogger! I am so exciting to relaunch Jacksonville Housewives in the city.
I love the beach, coffee, marketing and meeting new friends. I cannot wait to meet y’all!