This holiday season, how are you planning to celebrate the small businesses that are there for you year-round? To help shoppers show their love for the independent businesses that mean the most to them on Small Business Saturday—to take place this year on November 26th— American Express today announced a suite of events and offerings including:
Free Rides to Shop Small in NYC with UberPOOL: To help friends and family meet up and Shop Small, Uber is offering free UberPOOL rides (up to $20) for American Express Card Members in NYC. Additionally, starting Nov. 26 through the end of the year, new riders in NYC can take their first UberPOOL ride for free. To get inspired on where to ride together to Shop Small, check out the Shop Small map!
Dance + Sweat Sesh with Daybreaker: Daybreaker, the early morning dance party movement, is teaming up with Small Business Saturday to create an unforgettable experience to wake up and energize attendees as the day begins in New York City, San Francisco and Chicago. Attendees who RSVP will kick off Small Business Saturday with an invigorating workout and dance party with music, DJs, performers and yoga/fitness, as well as food and beverages from local businesses.
Dine Small with The Infatuation: The Infatuation, an influential local restaurant discovery platform, will host #DineSmall events with exclusive Small Business Saturday menu items at independent restaurants in New York City, Los Angeles, D.C. and San Diego. Restaurant-goers are encouraged to share their foodie experiences on social media using #DineSmall.
Shop Small, Earn Big: New this year, American Express is giving Card Members the opportunity to earn 2X rewards when they enroll an eligible American Express Card at http://www.amex.co/shopsmalloffer and shop at qualifying small merchant locations and websites now through December 31.
Freshly baked pies, holiday cookies, hot chocolate, and candy canes are common holiday treats. But just as adults pack on the pounds around the holidays, so can the kids. Denying a child from partaking in sugary confections may seem like an easy fix during the holidays, but that’s easier said than done. With so many festive parties that include desserts, candies, and fat-laden foods, it is better to teach your child moderation and how to make healthy choices. Dr. Dyan Hes, Medical Director of Gramercy Pediatrics, offers advice to parents to allow children a little indulgence, but while maintaining a healthy diet during the holiday season.
“I believe in moderation, not stringent restriction which can create an unhealthy relationship with food,” says Dr. Dyan Hes, Medical Director at Gramercy Pediatrics. “I specialize in childhood obesity and while I don’t condone binging on desserts and candy, I also don’t recommend denying your child treats during the holidays. Instead, limit how much your child consumes.”
Dr. Hes offers some tips to help make the holidays a bit healthier for your children and even for parents:
1. Teach your Child Portion Control when Choosing from the Dessert Table – “Often there are multiple desserts on a holiday table. By allowing your child to choose their favorite, not only gives them a sense of freedom in their food choices, but also teaches portion control and limitations,” recommends Dr. Hes. If your child wants to taste several desserts, then give them a small taste of each one, that equals one serving. “If a child is completely denied a dessert, it will only make them want it more.”
2. Keep Sugary Drinks to a Minimum – The holidays are the perfect time to break out the sparkling cider and hot cocoa. But just as adults need to watch their consumption of highly caloric beverages, so should kids. A 12oz hot chocolate with whipped cream can have up to 400 calories and about 40 grams of sugar! Dr. Hes recommends keeping an eye on how many “holiday beverages” your child is consuming during meals and parties. “Make hot chocolate from low sugar instant mixes and use reduced fat (light) whipped cream or skip it entirely,” says Dr. Hes. “There is also a ton of sugar in fruit juice, and although sparkling cider is fun, limit your child to one glass to celebrate.”
3. Lead by Example – Children learn eating habits from their parents. Don’t use the holidays as an excuse to overindulge, but as another touch point to teach kids healthier eating habits. If you are piling up on desserts, your child will think it is acceptable. Make sure to load your plates with lots of veggies during dinner and limit the sweets to one after the meal.
4. Create Healthier Food Traditions – Much of the holidays are focused on food and many families have special dishes that have become traditions. Those “traditional dishes” are often highly caloric and filled with fat. Grandmother’s sausage stuffing, or Aunt Sara’s cheesy casserole might be a “must” for every holiday meal, but they can also expand the waist quickly. Instead, Dr. Hes recommends creating new healthier favorites that are reserved only for the holidays and get kids excited to see them on the table. We make chopped salad (Mediterranean style) that everyone loves and always have fruit salad as a dessert option.
5. Non-Food Activities – Food may play an important role in the holidays, but adding other fun into the festivities takes the focus off eating. Kids love games, making arts and crafts, decorating the house, acting out stories, and loads of other activities that can involve the whole family. Be creative and come up with something that is unique and special to your family’s holiday traditions.
6. Movement - Get your families moving. It’s great to play outside while the food is cooking, just be sure to bundle your kids up. The whole family can take a brisk walk after a big feast. The kids get a big kick out of carrying flashlights and going out for a walk in the dark! Have games set up at home that the kids can play like jump rope or hula hoop competitions that they can do indoors.
While children find delight in the treats of the season, dentists also caution parents about the damage those sweets can cause to teeth over time. Jonelle Grant-Anamelechi, DDS, MSPH, attending faculty member and pediatric dentist at Children’s National Health System, says that practicing good dental hygiene year round is important, and it’s especially important for parents to remain vigilant during times like Halloween. To help families, she is offering parents a list of healthy tips for Halloween (and really, year round!).
Steer Clear of Chewy Candies – Caramel, gummies, or chewy sweets like fruit snacks are among the most harmful Halloweentreats for oral health. These types of candies are particularly dangerous because they can smear and become lodged in between teeth and stick to teeth’s deeper grooves. When this happens, it’s harder for saliva and the tongue to naturally clear away the sugary residue, which can lead to cavities.
“Cavities begin to form when certain bacteria in our mouths have the opportunity to feed on sugar that’s left behind on our teeth,” explained Dr. Grant-Anamelechi. “This interaction creates acid and can lead to tooth decay.”
Beware of Hard Candies That Can Cause Breakage – Around Halloween, dentists also commonly see a spike in broken teeth caused by biting into hard candies, such as lollipops. These types of candies are almost as hard as children’s teeth, and when bitten into can cause or worsen existing tooth sensitives.
Treat Yourself to (Dark) Chocolate – Dark chocolate, a favorite for many parents to keep around the home, is rich in antioxidants and serves as a great substitute for other Halloween treats. Parents should also consider replacing sticky, chewy treats with items such as crackers and pretzels, or other small toys.
An Apple a Day May Help Keep the Dentist Away – Because avoiding all sweets isn’t likely, eating an apple after enjoying Halloween candy can also reduce the risk of developing cavities. Apples are considered “nature’s toothbrush,” and snacking on the fibrous fruit can help to quickly whisk away cavity-causing debris from teeth when a toothbrush is out of reach.
Make Brushing a Family Activity – Oftentimes children want to start brushing their teeth on their own around ages 4 or 5. However, it isn’t until ages 7 or 8 that they usually develop the right technique. On occasions like Halloween when a child might have consumed larger amounts of candy, parents should help with brushing. Use small, circular motions to reach the gums, as brushing in a straight line can just push debris from one tooth to the next. And, don’t forget the tongue, which harbors food and germs.
Go on an Adventure or Sing a Song – It can be challenging to keep children interested in brushing their teeth for the recommended two minutes. Try turning teeth brushing into an imaginative safari adventure – such as searching for an alligator or lion behind teeth. Singing a familiar song twice, such as Happy Birthday, also helps children stay focused on brushing for the recommended time.
Connect Dental Hygiene With Whole-Body Health – While parents commonly remind their children to wash their hands before eating or after playing outside, there is frequently a disconnect with including the mouth – and the germs it harbors – as a contributor to overall health.
“Just like covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough is important to stopping the spread of germs, so is keeping your teeth, tongue, and gums free of harmful bacteria,” said Dr. Grant-Anamelechi. “As moms, we need to remind our children that all parts of the body are connected and play a role in improving health.”
By Richela Fabian Morgan
Project #1: Notebook/Binder Decoration
Material: duct tape, notebook
Tools: parchment paper, pencil, scissors
Additional tool: bubble letter stencil (the one used in photo is a FREE printable)
1. Cover front of notebook with vertical strips of duct tape.
2. Fold the duct tape strips over the top, bottom, and right edges of the cover.
3. Trace letters onto the parchment paper.
4. Cover the traced letters with a strip of duct tape.
5. Flip over the parchment paper. You should be able to see the traced letters.
6. Using a pair of well-oiled scissors, cut out the letters.
7. Move around the cut letters on the notebook cover until you find an acceptable position.
8. One by one, remove the parchment paper on the back of each letter and adhere it onto the notebook cover.
Project #2: Pencil Case
Materials: white, blue, yellow, light blue, gold, orange, green, red, and fuchsia duct tape; 2 round neodyne magnets, key chain ring
Tools: self-healing cutting matt, corked back metal ruler, craft knife, parchment paper, 1/8" hole puncher
1. Place a parchment paper measuring 10" wide x 15" high on top of your worktable. Starting from the bottom, place 9 strips of white duct tape across the parchment paper. Be sure the strips overlap along the long edges by at least 1/8". Flip over and place the duct tape/parchment paper on your worktable in the landscape position. Peel off parchment paper. Starting at the bottom of the half-made fabric, place 6 strips of blue duct tape across it. Be sure the strips overlap along the long edges by at least 1/8". Trim down the fabric to 10" x 15". (See my instructional video on YouTube).
2. Place the fabric on your worktable in the portrait position, white side facing up.
3. Cut two strips of 6" white duct tape. Measure and mark 6" from the bottom left and right corners of the fabric. Starting at the two marks, vertically place each strip along the left and right edges. Be sure the strips are halfway on the fabric.
4. Fold back the vertical tape strips and pull up the bottom portion of the fabric. Push down along the outer edges to form the main pocket.
5. Trim the corners of the flap in a curved line.
6. Cut 12" strips of various colored tape. Trim the width of each trip to 1/4". Use these strips to decorate the front of the pencil case. Trim edges of strips that extend past the edges of the pencil case.
7. Flip bag over so the opening is face up. Place a magnet on the inside of the flap, centered and approximately 1/2" from the top edge. Cover with a piece of white duct tape.
8. Place a magnet inside the pocket, centered and approximately 1/2" from the bottom edge. Push it agains the top fabric of the pocket and cover from the inside with a piece of white duct tape.
9. Using the hole puncher, make a hole on the upper left corner of the pencil case near the top of the pocket.
10. Loop the key ring through the hole.
11. Close the flap and flip the bag over.
Project #3: Cell Phone Case
Materials: fuchsia and multi-colored chevron duct tape, bubble wrap, cell phone
Tools: self-healing cutting mat, ruler, scissors, ball point pen, pencil
1. Cut 2 rectangles from the bubble wrap that are 1/2 wider than your phone.
2. Trim down the height of the bubble wrap rectangles to 1" shorter than height of your cell phone.
3. Fold strips of fuchsia duct tape over the top edges of the bubble wrap rectangles. Trim down the left and right edges.
4. Place one rectangle on top of the other and line up the edges. Starting from the top edge, horizontally place 10" strips of fuchsia duct tape on the bubble wrap rectangles, overlapping the strips along the long edges by approximately 1/8". Flip over the bubble wrap rectangles. Fold the left and right edges of the strips over the rectangles, creating a pocket.
5. Horizontally place a strip of fuchsia tape halfway along the bottom edge of the pocket. Fold the strip under the pocket to close up the bottom.
6. Draw 8 flower petals on the parchment paper.
7. Cover drawn petals with chevron duct tape.
8. Flip the parchment paper so the drawn petals are visible. Using a pair of well-oiled scissors, cut out the petals.
9. Move around the cut petals on the cell phone case until you find an acceptable position.
10. One by one, remove the parchment paper on the back of each petal and adhere it onto the cell phone case.
Richela Fabian Morgan began her duct tape odyssey 8 years ago with a simple bi-fold wallet, before writing the best-selling crafting books Tape It & Make It, Tape It & Make More, and Tape It & Wear It. She is an indie crafter specializing in paper, adhesives, and found materials.
Her newest duct tape crafting book, Duct Tape Bags, is available nationwide. For more information, please visit, www.RichelaFabianMorgan.com and connect with her on facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, and YouTube.
Convertible cars seats are essential to keeping young children safe, but for new parents, some may have little to no experience using or purchasing one. A convertible seat is a great option for parents bridging the gap between infanthood and a child old enough to sit in the car without the need for a car seat.
We've partnered with Diono for a convertible car seat giveaway! Diono is a leading manufacturer of child safety car seats and accessories and has a lineup of convertible car seats with paramount safety features along with sleek and strong designs that can put any new parent's mind at ease.
enter below via rafflecopter to win!
Diono's Radian R100 car seat is designed with your child's security and safety as top priorities. Premium covers and thoughtful safety features like a full steel alloy frame, aluminum reinforced side walls and energy absorbing EPS foam put your mind at ease as your little one travels safely in style and comfort.
The Diono Radian family of car seats are the only convertible+booster seats with a full steel frame making them one of the safest car seats available today. Key features include:
- Premium plush interlock knit fabric
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-40 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-65 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 100 lbs.
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- SafeStop® energy-absorbing harness
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Add up to two cup holders, sold separately
- Cover is machine washable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 10 year life
To further help navigating the care seat waters, Diono provides installation videos on their website.
Don't forget to enter to win + good luck! Special thanks to Diono for providing the giveaway to our readers! :)
Just a few more days Momma's. School starts this Monday for most kids here in Hawaii, and I for one could not be more excited to be sending my big kids back to school. We homeschooled last year, so I've been with my kids (practically) all day, every day, for over a year. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids, but I'm going to be jumping for joy come Monday morning.
Because it's been nearly two years since I sent my kids "Back To School", I'm feeling ill prepared, what if I've forgotten something? So here are ten thoughts I'm sure we'll all have before the kids go back to school this week.
Back-to-school season is upon us, and as parents, we're always seeking nutritious, kid-friendly, easy-to-pack lunchbox staples.
While you may remember school lunches with bright colored sugared juice punches, unpronounceable ingredients, and existential choices like pizza pocket or cheesy pretzel... the fact is that wellness is more than a trend, and parents are seeking the same better-for-you choices for their kids that they are for themselves. Thankfully, packaged food has had a significant makeover by using more whole ingredients and packing valuable nutrients into tasty treats, so parents can have confidence that their child's school day is fueled by quality nutrition.
Health Warrior Chia Bars pack around 1100mg of brain-boosting omega-3s, 4g of fiber and 3g of protein in a small bar in flavors kids love including banana nut, coconut, apple cinnamon, mango, and dark chocolate cherry. With flavor profiles similar to staples like brownies (dark chocolate) and fig newtons (acai berry), they’ll never know it’s nutrient-packed. Passionate about fueling nutritious choices, the brand will donate a percentage of sales of all products to the Whole Kids Foundation Aug. 24- Sept. 13, along with contributions throughout the year. The organization provides schoolgarden grants, funds salad bar equipment and training, and shares cooking and nutrition education with teachers. Children with a salad bar in their school eat three times the amount of fruits and veggies of those who don’t, and Health Warrior wants to help make this happen.
Go Raw's raw sprouted treats are everything you’d want to feed your little ones. Nutrient-dense and packed with minerals, vitamins and amino acids, Go Raw’s sprouted cookies, bars and snacks are the secretly healthy treat your kids will be craving. Crafted from 100% organic, raw, sprouted ingredients, Go Raw’s products are available in a wide range of kid-friendly tantalizing flavor profiles such as Spiced Chai, Lemon Pie and Spicy Fiesta.
Annie's Homegrown has innovated in lunchbox classics with its lineup of fun, tasty and kid-friendly staples made with nothing but goodness including Pea B&J Pockets, Organic Whole Milk Yogurts, and Organic Fruit Snacks. Though frozen, the Pea B&J Pockets thaw within an hour, consumed within 8 and takes the arduous crust-removing out of the equation. Packing 9g of whole grains with real fruit spread, the mini packaged sandwiches have golden pea butter, instead of traditional peanut butter, made from a legume variety that’s cousin to the green peas they typically scoot off their plate (but they'd never know). Meanwhile Annie's Yogurts and Fruit Snacks are certified organic with real fruit and fruit juices and absolutely no high fructose corn syrup.
Purely Elizabeth, the leading natural foods brand spearheading innovative and delicious gluten-free products, has just launched Grab + Go Oatmeal and cereal cups. Just add milk, yogurts, or hot water, and the wide variety of flavors come tolife, including Cranberry Pecan, Blueberry Hemp, Cinnamon Pecan and Pumpkin Fig.
Who says weekday breakfasts can't be spent together? Just add water and make that extra time, without putting in so much extra time with Birch Benders, a line of gourmet easy-to-make pancake and waffle mixes. This taste- and quality-obsessed brand offers nine varieties including Classic, Chocolate Chip, Six Grain Cinnamon, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Protein, Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread Spice, and Double Chocolate Peppermint. All of the varieties are organic, trans fat-free, and non-GMO.
Suja Juice, the nation’s leader in organic, non-GMO and cold-pressed beverages, offers affordable and kid-friendly juices and smoothies as part of their core Suja line. Banana-based smoothies such as Mango Magic and Berry Nana offer a sweet creaminess, while other nourishing, veggie-heavy smoothies include Green Delight and Sweet Beets. At only $3.99 and available in major grocers such as Kroger, Publix, Target, Costco, Whole Foods and more, organic nutrition has never been so easily accessible.
With only 100 calories and up to 5 grams of protein each, Perfect Bar minis (MSRP $1.30) are the ideal snack or lunchbox addition for kids. The minis are available in Peanut Butter and Almond Butter flavors, and are packed with organic nut butter, 20+ expertly hidden superfoods, and a touch of organic honey for sweetness.
What other items are you packing in your child's lunch this year?
As the new school year moves near, many parents are left with the age-old struggle of how to get their child to brush their teeth regularly before heading off to the bus stop each day. The good news is that for those parents who put in the effort, their kids will usually develop good oral hygiene habits. Prior to the school year beginning, parents can start working on helping their child develop good daily brushing habits.
“It’s important that parents get kids started young with good oral hygiene habits,” explains Dr. Bruno Sharp, a fourth-generation dentist who created a line of natural fluoride-free products called Dr. Sharp Dentistry, and is celebrating his 10thyear as a Natural Oral Care provider. “For some families it may seem like a tall task, but it’s one that is important enough to keep working on. Most kids will come around and stick with the habits that they are being taught.”
Here are some back-to-school tips for helping kids establish good morning oral hygiene habits:
“The last thing parents want to do before school each day is to argue with their kids about brushing their teeth,” added Dr. Sharp. “When you make a plan and stick to it, you are usually going to be more successful in getting them to create the brushing habit. It’s all about looking after their best interest.”To learn more about Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care products, visit the site at: www.drsharpcare.com.
Just a few short weeks until summer is over. We're getting prepped for back-to school season and we've compiled a list of Top 10 Must-Have products for kids!
Orbit Labels - Reusable Labels for Water Bottles & Containers
Send your child back to school with Orbit Labels! The Original Orbit Label is a fantastic solution for labeling bottles, snack containers and other various drink/toiletry containers. This innovative product is non-adhesive, reusable, and personalized. Easy to use - just stretch and release for a snug fit around a variety of containers! Invented by a mom, the Orbit Labels can stretch to accommodate the needs of a child's changing drink container, fitting all sippy cups and a variety of sport bottles or toiletry items. They can be moved from container to container since they are non-adhesive and reusable - a great alternative to the traditional method of one-time-use sticky labels or permanent markers! Dishwasher & microwave-safe. Will never peel, fade, or wash away! Adhesive labels and allergy labels are also available.
Janiebee - Personalized Nap Mats for Preschoolers
Little ones can snuggle into their incredibly soft, luxe nap mat from Janiebee at naptime - at school, Grandma's house or at home! Made with gorgeous details, including a fabric tie closure and an extra think minky pillowcase, Janiebee Nap Mats offer children a clean and cozy place to rest, and once naptime is over, simply roll up & tie closed! Offering a bevy of bright prints and designs for both boys and girls, Janiebee Nap Mats are made in the USA with quality fabric, stitching and care. Personalization and custom nap mats are available. Machine washable and dryer safe, too!
WOWBUTTER - Allergen-Free Alternative to Peanut Butter
Seeking a substitute for those with peanut and tree nut allergies that is safe to pack in a lunchbox as the kids head back-to-school? WOWBUTTER offers a taste and texture just like peanut butter, but with better nutrition! From making simple sandwiches to ants on a log to creating delicious recipes that typically call for peanut butter, WOWBUTTER is a yummy allergen-free alternative! WOWBUTTER is a complete protein source, containing all 9 essential amino acids, just as do eggs, dairy and meat. In addition, WOWBUTTER is a good source of OMEGA-3 essential fatty acids, with 1200 mg per serving. WOWBUTTER also has a significant array of major nutrients such as Vitamin E, Calcium, Folic Acid, Fiber and Lecithin. It is Vegan, Kosher and Non-GMO, as well. WOWBUTTER has simple ingredients with no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or fillers. WOWBUTTER is made in a dedicated 100% Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Egg Free Facility. Label packs for school are included on each jar! Available in retailers across the US and Canada in both Creamy and Crunchy versions. $4.99.
Liam & Isla - Snap Collection to Keep Little Ones Warm
For parents frustrated with mittens and gloves that do not stay on their child's hands when heading outdoors at recess, this line is the answer to cold little fingers. The innovative and oh-so cozy Liam & Isla Snap Collection for little ones will have them looking stylish while staying warm this fall & winter, as the mittens are designed to stay on little ones' hands keeping them snug and dry. Simple in design yet so effective, the top and bottom of the mittens are designed to snap to the sleeve of the stylish fleece jackets in the Liam & Isla Snap Collection. The mittens will not fall off, ensuring your kids can now spend more time having fun and playing outside. The mittens from the Snap Collection are made with a heavyweight fleece shell and lined with a lightweight fleece, a waterproof liner, and Thinsulate.
The Girls Snap Collection offers two fashionable choices, including the Solstice Peplum w/ Snap On Mittens in Charcoal, and the Glacial Hoodie w/ Snap On Mittens in Red or Purple. Sizes 2T-5T. The Boys Snap Collection offers two modern choices, including the Gelid Military w/ Snap on Mittens in Red, and the Cirque Quarter Zip w/ Snap On Mittens in Red or Royal. Sizes 2T-5T.
Aquasana Filter Bottle - Keep Kids Hydrated
A recent study shows more than half of children and teens in the United States are not getting adequate hydration because they're not drinking enough water. Skip the sugary drinks and send your child back to school with an awesome high-tech water bottle. The brand new Aquasana Filter Bottle delivers clean, healthy water on-the-go. Fill it up with tap water and the built-in filter will reduce lead and chlorine plus 99% of bacteria and cysts. Filters last for 80 gallons… that’s equivalent to640 disposable plastic bottles! Available in BPA-Free Tritan™ plastic + a silicone sleeve to provide a nonslip grip. $29 at www.aquasana.com and Amazon.
SnapLaces - No Tie Laces
SnapLaces performance no-tie laces are the fastest way for kids to get ready quickly in the morning! The only one-handed lacing system on the market, SnapLaces stretch to hug your child's 9feet with precise tension. Kids can enjoy the experience all day long as they won't have to bend down in the hallways to tie up a loose lace, re-tie shoes in the middle of a kickball game at recess, or delay themselves in P.E. class. SnapLaces are a sure-fit to seize the day! SnapLaces come in 12 essential colors: black, blue, green, light blue, light green, orange, pink, purple, red, silver, white or yellow. $14.99 per 4 pack.
GoodHangups - Must-Have for Kids Art & More
GoodHangups for Kids Art is a new, must-have for all your children’s school work, to do lists, schedules and more! GoodHangups hang posters, prints, photos and cards without putting holes in your wall or damaging your prints. They work on any surface (concrete, brick, wood, flat walls, glass, doors, etc.) with a removable and reusable magnet. No need for frames, and GoodHangups won’t harm the surface (great for renters). Great for hanging kids’ art, paint chips, holiday cards and so much more! Available at Papersource stores across the US, QVC and www.goodhangups.com. Starting at $14.99.
Gululu Interactive Bottle – Stay Hydrated through Technology
New technology parents will WANT their kids plugging into!! The Gululu Interactive Bottle will help kids stay hydrated and it’s also SUPER fun! Gululu is an innovative product that combines smart hardware, advanced sensors, Wi-Fi module, automatic updated software and educational game design. Through animated characters, Gululu links a child’s water intake to the health of a virtual animated pet, and makes staying hydrated an act of care giving. Thanks to a companion app, parents can set hydration goals based on their child’s age, weight, and location. And by using the incentivized system, Gululu will keep kids will be motivated to meet their water-drinking goals. The closer a child gets to his or her optimal water intake, the healthier the virtual pet becomes — the animated character will grow, collect treasure, and explore “an underwater world of adventure” known as the “Gululu Universe.” It has a great school mode feature as well! Whenever the water bottle runs low on battery life, simply stick it on its wireless charging dock and it will recharge in three hours — a fully charged battery should last for two to three days of normal use. Intended for ages 3-10. $129.00
Bumpit Bowl – No More Messes
It's magic! A bowl that’s hard to knock down but easy to pick up. It simply stays put, making mealtime a breeze! Place the Bumpit Bowl on any smooth, non-porous surface and it magically stays put, no matter how hard it’s hit or bumped - no suction cups or stickiness involved. Pick it up from the special lift points with no resistance or tugging required. Made with StayPut Technology, The Bumpit Bowl grows with your child from the included bowl insert for your younger child, to using the deeper bowl when he/she gets a little bit older. Whether your child’s an infant, a toddler or growing up fast, the Bumpit Bowl is for all ages. An airtight storage container, you can go straight from the lunchbox to the table to the refrigerator with the Bumpit Bowl’s secure lid and microwave-and dishwasher safe design.
Family + Lifestyle
Articles, tips + products for moms and their growing families.