I have been following the Cooking With Alligator Pear blog since inception. Founder, Whitney enjoys cooking the low carb/keto/gluten free foods. She is an amazing friend to me and I am so proud of her efforts. Check out her recipe/blog here..
t's crawfish season Y'all! With #JazzFest right around the corner, everyone will be enjoying a bowl of crawfish pasta soon! Just because I have #NCGS AND follow a #lowcarb diet doesn't mean I can't enjoy it too! This is so good I promise you will saying #pasta who??? 😉
Ingredients: (Sauce makes 3-4 Servings)
2-3 Zucchini (per person) Spiralized and dried/cooked
3 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tsp Creole/Cajun Seasoning to taste (I used @Slapyomama)
3 seeded and diced plum tomatoes
12-14 oz frozen or fresh crawfish tails
8 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup grated Parmigiana cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Place zoodles in a colander, salt and let drain for 30-40 minutes. Rinse, dry and either bake noodles in the oven for 15- 20 min in a thin layer or sauté in a pan to release moisture. Set them aside in a thin layer to release steam.
2. In a large saute pan, melt the 2 tbsp of butter. Add the onions and 1 tsp of Creole Seasoning. Sauté until onions begin to get translucent. Add in garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add in the tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the crawfish and sprinkle with 1 tsp of creole seasoning sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the most of the cream, saving about 2-3 tablespoons on the side. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Mix cornstarch with 2-3 tbsp of cold cream to make a slurry and add to the pot. Stir well and pass spoon lightly along the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick. The sauce will begin to thicken, stir in the cheese melted and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Place zucchini noodles in a bowl and toss with a few spoons of crawfish sauce. Garnish with green onions and ENJOY! 😋
By: Whitney Forstall
Cooking With Alligator Pear Founder
I am a New Orleans native, wife, mom of two, social media blogger and Human Resources Executive! I love to read, write, travel, kid's activities, date nights with the hubby and GIRLS NIGHTS OUT!
I am self proclaimed food critic & ALL things WINE enthusiast (cheers) here in the city!
Follow me as I share my experiences through our "Girls Night Out" and "Moms Night Out" events and blog!