I clicked my heels 3 times, and landed on Dumaine and St. Ann. What is so unique about this area? The oak trees, in City Park area, and the moss makes it special. The colorful houses with southern porches...ahhhh..this is what New Orleans is known for. It is definitely worth visiting. If that isn't enough inspo, check out some of our food photos below.
Ralphs on the park is currently offering 3 appetizers and a glass of wine for $33.. The special runs now through September.
Ralph Brennan's restaurants are ALWAYS on the top of my list. Food, drinks. service & atmosphere are highly ranked here. Thank you to our AMAZIING server! I have not visited this restaurant in years but social media memories occasionally remind me of my wonderful experiences. This is one of my favorite restaurants for birthdays, group dinners and power lunches. Also good for date nights and double dates. Remember double dates? They were the brunch dates of the 90s.
Seating is very important to me in restaurants. I want the best seat in the house. It may be the chef's table, the beautiful window seat or the seat next to this beautiful picture or mural. Atmosphere is so important for the experience. What are some important things about a restaurant besides food for you?
I visited the restaurant with my friend. We decided to share our food, so we ordered a total of 6 small plates. We also had a glass of vino, Benvolio, Pinot Grigio and cocktails. Needless to say, we had a blast. This was that 'Me Time'.. time well spent. As a bonus, bar nerds - I think they had purse hooks. We did not sit at the bar but I am almost sure of it.
Here were our TOP PICKS:
1) Crab Gratin, Brie & Cream Cheese, Pickled Mushrooms, Crispy Garlic Crumbs. This was truly a delicious combination. I enjoyed every bite of this. I will definitely order this again.
2) Jumbo Lump Crab & Creole Tomato Salad - Had me feeling good on the inside. Made with Louisiana Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, Basil Vinaigrette, Sweet Onion, Fresh Mozzarella and Greens. I loved the flavor and texture of this appetizer..very light.
3) Tempura Shrimp Creole - This was, OMG, amazing! It was Creole Sauce Spiked with Lime and cole slaw. Definitely my favorite dish.
4) Oysters Skully - Fried Oysters, Skully's Crystal & Pepper Jelly with onions. I do not really remember the taste of this dish. I would not choose this in the future.
5) Grilled Vegas Strip - This wasn't on my first choice but I was pleasantly surprised at the taste of the Romesco Sauce, Baby Kale, Sherry Vinaigrette. It surprised me because it wasn't tender. It took some time to cut but worth the wait.
6) Duck & Mushroom Flatbread - I wouldn't have chosen this but it was a spectacular blend of Duck Confit, Caramelized Onions and Organic Mushrooms. I am so glad Kat ordered this appetizer.
7) Parmesan-Black Pepper Fries - Our server added this to our selections. They were so flavorful. The garlic dipping sauce was impeccable.
8) Lemon Posset - This was a light velvety lemon custard. The sweet almond brittle gave me life. The seasonal watermelon fruit and lime sorbet were perfect. I never go to a restaurant thinking of dessert but I am usually pretty WOWED at the ways chefs add creatively to them with one simple garnish like a mint.
3 appetizers and a glass of wine for $33..
Tempura Shrimp Creole
Grilled Vegas Strip
More photos from our stellar night!!!
Let the Good times roll!