Okay, y’all I have been obsessed with crawfish for about 40 years..LOL..Seriously, I have been on this crawfish kick all season. I wanted to blog about some of the most amazing “thrillest” spots in the city. that may be under the radar. I took my daughter on the last crawfish tour and she had some opinions about a few.some were more favorable than others. Crawfish is a strange food. Tourists either really love it or really hate it. Most locals really look forward to crawfish season and know what the phrase “pinch the tail and suck the head” means. The phrase describes how you eat crawfish. Once the head of the crawfish is separated from the tail you pinch it and suck the juice out. If the juice is really tasty, you will find yourself eating more and more…LOL. Real crawfish problems!! I have finally narrowed down the most lit spots in the city.
5. Cansecos - If you’ve eaten crawfish before, you know the logistics about them. I prefer crawfish hot..these were cold and rollin!!
4. Rouses - The crawfish lines are so long at this grocery for a reason. They have a distinctive flavor that many locals favor. It’s not too spicy..just right. Very old school flavor.
3. Broadview Seafood – We indulged in their spicy crawfish for Mardi Gras. Wesley wasn’t super crazy about these but mommy enjoyed. They were spicy and juicy..just what we needed with our drinks..
2. Luck Jean -I mean, really…THIS.. Crawfish..Hands down should be number 1 but I had to give it to the champs.. I was channeling my inner Beyonce “Lemonade” singing..”mama Louisiana” eating this crawfish. It was, just downright good. It was the right kind of spicy…my daughter was in the back seat asking for more.
1. Cajun – Cajuns are the BEST. They have 4 locations (Treme, Uptown, East, Almonaster). They are also called “The Original Cajun Seafood”. I just found out about the Almonaster location. The best way to describe the flavor of this crawfish, is really spicy and savory. The boiled dungeness crabs are amazing. Cajuns crawfish tastes better hot for some reason. Here is the link: www.cajunseafoodnola.com/main/
I am a New Orleans native, wife, mom of two, social media blogger and Human Resources Executive! I love to read, write, travel, kid's activities, date nights with the hubby and GIRLS NIGHTS OUT!
I am self proclaimed food critic & ALL things WINE enthusiast (cheers) here in the city!
Follow me as I share my experiences through our "Girls Night Out" and "Moms Night Out" events and blog!