Well Ladies, Valentine's day is upon us once again! It's time for the traditional showcasing of rose bouquets, sweet cards and chocolates to match up and down your social media feeds, evoking the inevitable single lady comment of “and meanwhile I'm alone today…" But that's no way to feel! After all, everyone loves the scent and sight of flowers in bloom and the occasional guilty dark chocolate treat….right?!
Besides Valentine's Day is but the appetizer to the larger love celebration of all love celebrations with your TRUE soulmates…your girls! I'm talking about Galentine's Day of course! A time to gather the loves of your life, the reasons you're never truly alone, your rocks, your fellow queens together to rejoice in how the love of friendship is the best celebration of love there is! Over the years we've all had ups and downs with significant others, past and present, but the constants that remain are the reasons I began my girl groups current tradition of the Galentine's Day gathering!
So, ladies by all means, get glammed up, throw on that "freakum dress" and proclaim your love this Valentine's to the man or woman in your life…but make sure to save a date that same weekend to bring that same energy with the same lovely purpose to your girlfriends!
Thanks for this blog, my Galentine, Melissa Bagneris! Here are some of her top 10 suggestions for Galentine's Day activities to get you and your girls started sharing the love:
1. Brunch with Mimosas or Dinner and Drinks - Pythian Market and Vessel Nola are faves but for my Bougies you can 'Rose All Day" at Effervesence or Jack Rose. (A few links are below)
2. Spa Day (mani, pedi, facial, massage). My favorites are Woodhouse and Belladonna Day Spa.
3. Yoga Group/WorkoutClass (build each other) - Catch a good session at Wild Lotus Yoga, also great for kids.
4. Vision Boarding Party (work on goals together) – Our girls love getting together and celebrating Galentines Day. This year, we included kid's activities.
5. Cooking Classes (develop skills together) – Crescent City Cooks are pretty popular in the area.
6. Sip and Paint (mixing creativity with drinks) – Paint & Jrink is an absolute fave.
7. Escape Rooms (teamwork makes the dream work) - Escape Room in NOLA is lots of fun.
8. PJ Movie/Game Night (Netflix and chill with your boos).
9. Champagne & Crawfish – THIS! Crawfish are messy but so worth the effort. Crawfish with a Gal Pal and drinks (how about perfection)? You can even visit a full service restaurant and get the best of both worlds. Deanies, Superior Seafood, Elysian Seafood and Blue Crab are a few notable spots.
10. Meetup in the French Quarters with coffee & beignets at Cafe du Monde or you can treat your friends like Royal (tea) and head to PJs Coffee.
New OBSESSION! Cute emoji candies on valentines hearts. A New Orleans couple put a new spin on the popular candy These hotties have recently SPARKED the interest of the masses.
CLICK HERE FOR LINKS:
Pythian Market http://pythianmarket.com/
Vessel Nola http://vesselnola.com/
Jack Rose https://www.jackroserestaurant.com/
Paint & Jrink http://www.pandjnola.com/
Cafe Du Monde http://www.cafedumonde.com/
Blue Crab http://www.thebluecrabnola.com/
Photo Credit: Whitney Forstall @wforstall
The candies are sold at https://www.fleurtygirl.net/ and https://shoplittlemissmuffin.com/
I am a New Orleans native, wife, mom of two, social media blogger and Human Resources Executive! I love to read, write, travel, kid's activities, date nights with the hubby and GIRLS NIGHTS OUT!
I am self proclaimed food critic & ALL things WINE enthusiast (cheers) here in the city!
Follow me as I share my experiences through our "Girls Night Out" and "Moms Night Out" events and blog!