NATIONAL TACO DAY & WAYS TO CELEBRATE!
1. Eat Tacos
2. Make Tacos
3. Dream of Tacos
4. Have Someone Else Make You Tacos
Did you know that even though tacos are so widely available, the history of the taco is really unknown. If you check out National Taco Day they say according to expert Jeffrey M Pilcher, the word originates from the silver mines in Mexico in the 18th century, when taco referred to the little explosives workers used to extract the ore.
LAST YEAR AMERICANS ATE OVER 4.5 BILLION TACOS!!
Here's how you can contribute to that number this year and Celebrate the best National Holiday Ever! (j.k but its up there)
1. Sing along to Taco Bell's National Taco Day Song.
2. Eat Tacos!
- al Fresco's ZTACO will be celebrating in downtown
- Taqueria Olgys will have .99cent tacos today
- Tijuana Flats has 2 tacos, chips & a drink for $5.49
- El Paso, Taco Bell, Cactus Cantina, Taco Rock & Case Ole
are all great places to celebrate as well!!
3. Make Tacos at home using this awesome recipe from Pillsbury!
WHATEVER YOU DO>> MAKE SURE YOU CELEBRATE!
HI! I'm Veronica and I'm the voice behind the blog. I love red wine, tacos and coffee after 5 pm. I'm a local Photographer by day & by night I host monthly Girls Night Out Events and Networking Socials around town. I'm a West Coast girl living in an East Coast world and I couldn't love it any more. Thanks for visiting Pensacola Housewives!