During COVID, we can all use some productivity tips. Below are 10 productivity tips to get you through your days.
1. Write it down. – Every task, every commitment should be written down. This frees your mind from the energy-and attention-sucking job of trying to remember.
2. Get a head start. – The best way to hit the ground running is to start the night before. Before leaving
your workspace, or before going to bed, take 10 minutes to look over the next day’s commitments.
3. Do your most dreaded task first. – Do something about the overwhelming task – maybe you can’t finish it in one day, but you can at least get started. Whatever it is, just do it.
4. Turn off distractions. – When you’ve got an important task that requires attention and focus, create a space to give it your best. Just for that hour (or thirty minutes, or half day), turn off all outside communications and give yourself the necessary luxury of undisturbed time to really focus on the matter at hand.
5. Take breaks. – There’s a limit to how long anybody can devote deep focus to a task. Schedule breaks periodically even during the busiest days. Take ten minutes to stand up, stretch, get a drink of water, walk around the block.
6. Batch process. – If the demands of your day include routine tasks, try to group similar tasks and schedule certain times during the day to knock them out.
7. Eat a healthy breakfast. – Healthy people are more productive. No matter how busy you are, eat a decent breakfast. It’ll fuel you for a terrific start to your day.
8. Get some exercise. – Exercise makes you healthier, so be sure to get some exercise every day.
9. Delegate. – An important key to productivity is doing only those things that only you can do, and giving somebody else the opportunity to contribute by doing those other tasks.
10. Say no. – When someone calls or appears at your door with a request for your participation in some activity, take a breath and consider whether it fits into your own priorities. A wise person has said “no” is a complete sentence. No explanation is necessary. Just no.
More information can be found at: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/top-10-tips-for-productivity.html
Hello! I'm Carli, a girl originally from Ohio, who could not be more proud to call Raleigh home the last 12+ years. By day, I work at SAS Institute but when I'm not working, I'm a mom to an amazing boy and 2 dogs. In my free time, I love to stay active working out, playing sports, traveling, crafting, attending a sports game/concert, or shopping!