INTERIOR DESIGNER VERN YIP OF TLC'S "TRADING SPACES" HEADLINES THE 2018 SOUTHERN WOMEN'S SHOW IN RICHMOND
***The Premiere Shopping Event for Southern Women Returns March 16 – 18***
Richmond, Va. - Nationally known designer, author and TV host Vern Yip, best known from HGTV and for his four seasons on TLC’s popular design-swap reality show, “Trading Spaces,” is the featured headliner at the 2018 Southern Women’s Show in Richmond. “Trading Spaces” aired from 2000 to 2008, and now the show is being revived for a spring 2018 return to TLC, featuring Yip and many of the original cast of designers.
Yip has also appeared on NBC’s “Home Intervention” and is one of HGTV’s most recognizable designers, most notably as host of “Deserving Design,” “Urban Oasis,” and “Live in Vern’s House,’ and as a judge on “Design Star.” He is the author “Vern Yip's Design Wise: Your Smart Guide to a Beautiful Home.”
Yip will appear on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage Saturday, March 17 at 1:00PM at the Richmond Raceway Complex, and share design advice, home décor tips, and stylish living inspiration, and offer a glimpse into what viewers can expect from the new season of “Trading Spaces.”
Other guest celebrities and personalities appearing at the 2018 Southern Women’s Show in Richmond include:
• Richmond nonprofit Dress for Success Central Virginia will present a fashion show curated by popular local fashion stylist Jonathan Copeland on March 17, featuring professional and stylish looks with the donated attire they receive. DFS’s mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. (centralvirginia.dressforsuccess.org)
• Claire Hollingsworth, the 12-year-old Powhatan County, Va.-based food scientist, STEAM advocate and founder of Claire’s Cooking Lab, will showcase her love of science and cooking with natural foods as well as her new patent pending invention, “No Fear Oven Mitt Sleeves.” At age nine, Claire became Food Network’s youngest “Chopped Junior” champion. (clairescookinglab.com)
• The show will host two super-hot Firefighter Fashion Shows, one on March 16 and one on March 17, featuring the Virginia State Firefighters Association. Bring your friends and watch these hotties strut the Fashion & Entertainment Stage in their bunker gear! Don’t be shy – it’s all for a good cause. All donations go to support their Scholarship fund. (vsfa.org)
• Author Dwayna Litz will offer relatable insights from her book, "Happiness, No Man Required: 50 Tips for Single Women to be Happy ...With or Without a Man." Dwayna stresses why it’s important for women to realize that being single or married doesn't have to hold you back from pursuing your dreams or discovering inner happiness. She'll dispense inspiring tips for shifting the quest of finding romance to first discovering how to become at peace from within and lead a fulfilling life. (dwaynalitz.com)
• Evidential psychic medium Tamara Caulder Richardson, a.k.a. the “Southern Belle Medium,” will offer select attendees healing messages from loved ones who have crossed over. A respected mental, physical and trance medium and highly developed clairvoyant, she will perform live medium demonstrations on our Fashion & Entertainment Stage, and she can be found at Booth #229. (southernbellemedium.com)
• Last, but certainly not least, the show features SHOPPING GALORE. More than 300 exhibitors, vendors and boutiques will be on hand, from the Dillard’s Pavilion, Food Lion Cooking Stage, and Virginia’s Finest Pavilion, to local specialty merchants like Let’s Talk Towels (Peshtamel Turkish towels, robes, blankets), ABC PetWear (pet accessories), Virginia Soaps & Scents, Bungalow Décor, fashion designer Nashona (African clothing, accessories), Keep It Simple Syrup, Color Street Nail Art, JJ King's Secret Sauce, and LOTS MORE.
• Also returning is Girls Night Out (March 16), when admission is only $5 after 5pm, Mother-Daughter Day (March 17), and Teacher Appreciation Days (March 16-18), when educators and staff who present valid ID at the box office get free admission for THE ENTIRE SHOW! We are also Saluting Women Veterans by offering FREE admission throughout the show with military ID at the box office. Starting February 15, advance discount tickets to the show may be purchased at local Walgreens’ stores.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN WOMEN'S SHOW - RICHMOND
Shop, sample and share the fun at Richmond’s favorite event for women – the Southern Women's Show. Discover hundreds of boutiques filled with the latest fashions, trendy jewelry, gourmet treats, health and beauty, and so much more. Enjoy fashion shows, top chefs, and celebrity guests. Bring your mom, sister, and best friend and spend the day doing everything you love! Happening March 16-18, 2018 at the Richmond Raceway Complex. 2018 show sponsors are Chevrolet, Food Lion, Walgreens and Richmond Times-Dispatch. Visit southernshows.com/wri or facebook.com/SouthernWomensShowRichmond for show updates.
What: 27th Annual Southern Women's Show - Richmond
When: Friday, March 16, 2018 – Sunday, March 18, 2018
Where: Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 East Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23222
Adults: $12.00 at the door; $15 for a Three-Day Pass
Youth (6-12): $6.00 at the door (children under age six FREE with paying adult)
Walgreen's Advance: Discount tickets available at Walgreens - $8.00 for Adults / $6.00 Youth (Ages 6-12)
Online Advance: $10.00 each / Youth: $6.00 each
Group: (10 or more; advance ONLY) $8.00 each
Re-Admission: Tickets for 2nd day admission can be purchased for $6.00 during your initial visit (with your ticket stub) at the Show Office.
$5 After 5:00pm: Attendees enjoy $5 admission Friday, March 16 after 5pm.
Friday: 10am - 8pm
Public Contact: 800-849-0248 / www.southernshows.com/wri
Tish Atkins, Executive Show Manager
1-800-849-0248 Ext. 110
Jennifer Pullinger, Publicist
Hi there! I'm Courtney . I am a mom of three ,a group fitness instructor, and a blogger. My favorite thing to do is to explore new fun things in the Richmond area with my family. I look forward to connecting with you through our Girl's Night Out events and social media.