My family is always on the lookout for local fun things to do so recently we decided it was time to try out Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg. One thing that has changed since having children is how far we really want to go to have fun. Pre kids we didn't mind driving to Florida,but post kids sometimes the 15 minutes to Target feels like a longgg drive. With that being said, I love that Great Wolf Lodge is only a little over an hour away which makes it perfect for a fun weekend away. My family and I LOVED our experience, so I wanted to share some tips if you are looking for a quick, fun getaway.
What To Do
When you aren't at the water park, there are scheduled activities throughout the day. This includes kids yoga, character appearances, craft time, and even a science show.
The rooms at Great Wolf Lodge are not just your average hotel rooms. You have the option of doing a themed or non themed room. My recommendation is to do the themed room- it's a part of what makes it special and your kids will go nuts. Their largest suite will accommodate up to 8 people for larger families.
Tips For Your Stay
- Invest in the meal plan. It seems like an unnecessary expense, but trust me, you won't want to leave to eat out and the meal plan will end up saving you in the long run.
- Look at the event calendar before you go so you don't miss out on the fun!
- Look for the deals! Great Wolf Lodge often offers discounts for booking early and you can usually find them on Groupon as well.
- Even though check in time isn't until 4 pm, you has access to the water park anytime after 1 pm so head there early and take advantage of that time. Also, check out is at 10 am, but you do have the option of paying a fee for a later check out OR you can just carry a bag and stay at the water park until you are ready to leave.
- Don't overpack. They offer free towels and life jackets at the water park.
- Have so much fun and take pictures !
Hi there! I'm Courtney . I am a mom of three ,a group fitness instructor, and a blogger. My favorite thing to do is to explore new fun things in the Richmond area with my family. I look forward to connecting with you through our Girl's Night Out events and social media.