I've probably mentioned that one of my hobbies is baking and decorating cakes. I do it for fun, often gifting a cake to a friend or loved one for their birthday. I'm always on the look out for a great cake recipe from scratch and have tried many that I use regularly. However, I don't always have time for that, or sometimes I want to go with a tried-and-true recipe... so, it's box cake FTW! I have heard this version of the doctored up cake mix from a few sources and don't know where it originated, but here it is with some pointers along the way to make sure your cake is a success!
Choose whichever is your go-to box cake mix, or even the one on sale.
Read the instructions on the back, and then -
1. Instead of oil, use butter and DOUBLE it
2. Instead of water, use milk (whole milk for best results)
3. Add one more egg than is suggested
That sounds Great, but Then What?
* This recipe is great with white and yellow mixes, and I've even tried lemon! I have other chocolate cake recipes so I haven't tried this recipe much with chocolate mixes.
* Enjoy the compliments you receive from people. Your secret is safe with me!
Welcome to the Tampa Housewives in the City! I am Nicole and I am excited to be the new host of the Girl’s Night Out events! I have attended the events for years and I just love big group gatherings whether I'm hosting or attending. I am a wife, mother of 2 and a small business owner-Your New Best Friend Concierge. Spa treatments, lazy days by the pool and playing loud music alone in the car -- all make me happy!